Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Blend Door Actuator Problem Thread (Clicking noise behind dash)

Just posting here for posterity in case anyone else has this issue.

About a week ago my car started making this loud clicking noise when the AC is turned on. It's the same noise in this youtube video (not my video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biEkATc3uSU
[video=youtube;biEkATc3uSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biEkATc3uSU[/video]

Dropped the car off this morning 7:00 AM with an appointment, and they still have not looked at the car as of 3:00PM. Looks like they are going to keep the car overnight (no loaner naturally [crazyeye]).

I'll keep this thread updated with the results.

[HR][/HR]

***NEW POLL ADDED to Thread***

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

About a week ago my car started making this loud clicking noise when the AC is turned on. It's the same noise in this youtube video (not my video).

Dropped the car off this morning 7:00 AM with an appointment, and they still have not looked at the car as of 3:00PM. Looks like they are going to keep the car overnight (no loaner naturally [crazyeye]).

Its whats called a mode door (blend door actuator) its what controls where the air goes in the ac (foot well, vents, etc...) Mine did the same thing not a big deal they SHOULD have it fixed that day.

Have you heard back from your dealer about your ST? Please keep me updated on this.

Meagan

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
They looked at the car today (day 2) and found it to be the blend door actuator as hunter said above. Scheduled to get the car back today at 4PM. I've been in touch with [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] already, thanks Meagan.

They looked at the car today (day 2) and found it to be the blend door actuator as hunter said above. Scheduled to get the car back today at 4PM. I've been in touch with [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] already, thanks Meagan.
[wave] Sure thing! [shakehands]

Meagan

javcas86

Blend Door Actuator Issue - Clicking noise from center console

Hello all, I'm Javier and I've had my 2015 FiST for about a month now. I've got about 1700 miles on it and I'm loving every mile; however, there's been a clicking noise coming from the center console for the last week. It has only happened when I start the car for about ten seconds and then goes away. If I start it again right after it won't click. I've included two videos to show what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/p9ANx1ulRjw

https://youtu.be/8jEoMewXxgg

The video shot at night has less ambient noise so it's more noticeable. It sounds to me like some sort of motor that is stuck. When I place my hand on the plastic on the side, I can feel the clicking.

I will be taking my car to the dealership on Monday but am worried that the techs will damage the interior in the process of fixing it. Has anyone had any experience with this? Anybody have any recommendations?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I just replaced the HVAC Blend Door Actuator for this very problem. Kudos to Rodmoe for his help. Pretty straight forward to do, but its a tight squeeze working under the dash and on your back in the drivers side footwell. Motorcraft part # YH-193 AV1Z-19E616. Got it brand new of ebay for $ 47.20 free shipping. And it took about 4 hours to install.

javcas86

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I spoke to my salesman and he said to bring it in and that it would be covered under warranty. My question to you Flaco is if I would be better off doing it myself? I have experience working on cars but am not a mechanic.

Mine is doing it too. Going to take it in for warrenty. 3 months of ownership and already 2 warranty issues. Hope this is not what i get for buying american

Same issue here, just started a few days ago. Vehicle has 19K miles. Local dealer will be doing the repairs.

Hope the new one is better. This could end up being a recall item if we already have 3 or more people having the same issue. I sure hope it dose not happen again after the fix.

Hope the new one is better. This could end up being a recall item if we already have 3 or more people having the same issue. I sure hope it dose not happen again after the fix.
Agreed, I really hope the replacement is an updated part, if not, I seriously doubt it will be a perm fix

javcas86

Dealer took care of it right away. A fiesta se owner dropped hers off for the same reason so it's clearly an inferior part. I haven't had any problems with the new actuator since install so I'm hoping it is an updated part and that the issue is permanently solved.

Mine is doing it too. Going to take it in for warrenty. 3 months of ownership and already 2 warranty issues. Hope this is not what i get for buying american
Same issue here, just started a few days ago. Vehicle has 19K miles. Local dealer will be doing the repairs.
Hey MegaBuster and gizyuluu,

Shoot over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll look this over and see how I can help. Talk to you soon! :)

Dealer took care of it right away. A fiesta se owner dropped hers off for the same reason so it's clearly an inferior part. I haven't had any problems with the new actuator since install so I'm hoping it is an updated part and that the issue is permanently solved.
Glad to read this was taken care of for you, javcas86! I'll be here should you ever need anything in the future - don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Nick

Got my Fist in June and now all of the noises have prompted my wife to say: I told you so!! she drives Mitsubishi.

Tuesday will be my third time at the dealer and I am not leaving until everything has been resolved.

I really hope this is the only issue i have but looking at the overall finish of the interior i am not convinced any of it will hold up over 5 years. The interior handles feel like they are seperating every time i touch them. The steering colum cover popped off and one of the a pillar moulds is misaligned. Just because a car is an economy car dose not mean the interior needs to be this flimsy. Thankfully the steering wheel, shifter, and recaro seats are great so the only part i touch that feels cheap is the door hand hold. I hope i dont have any more issues after this. I took a leap buying an american car.