Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Koni STR.T Dirty Review

neeqness

1000 Post Club
With OEM springs? If so, can you compare/contrast OEM setup to your current? Thanks!
I just realized that this is the same thread I posted my previous experiences with this suspension before I settled on the oem springs all around with Konis.

I also forgot to add earlier that with oem springs I don't get any weird klunk sounds at all even on the unexpected big dips. Better fit overall and doesn't feel "aftermarket" like the previous setup (except when using Eibach springs with oem dampers). It's a solid setup.

Even though I originally was going to lower my car on Eibachs with the B8. I've been getting little signs here and there that maybe I shouldn't and that I should just keep my car stock height because my car barely clears a lot of places I frequent now and if I drop it, although it is totally doable, it seems like more of a hassle the extra care I'd have to take at the lower height.

So if you want, I plan to use the Bilsteins (likely B8) with oem springs also sometime soon. Depending on how long you would like to wait, I could give you a comparison of the two then, if you are interested?

FYI, FWIW. Bilsteins B8 are a shorter shock and will probably lower the car a tad without the lowering springs simply because they are not as tall as the oem dampers. I'm not sure if Konis are shorter but they may be and my car at near 35k miles may sag a little compared to the newer oem suspension. But I'll try to post pics once the chang is done. Let me know if you'd like to see pics of my car how it sits right now on the konis...

Kazz

Thanks for your impressions. There are a number of threads out there I've been trying to glean real-user information from and it's not easy. LOL

The Koni Yellows are cited as the "easy button" if you want performance shock and strut replacements. But they require some work to set and adjust the ride. The Koni STR.Ts would be the easy button if the handling wasn't compromised. Truly, all I want is the bouncy ride on city streets to get tamed as well as that occasional constant bouncing you get on the interstate in places. There's very little out there on the Bilsteins, but they've certainly done good things for other cars in the past. Oh, and the B6 is for OEM springs while the B8 is for lowering springs. I found a good price for them but are listed as for Fiesta, not the ST. I don't know if there is an ST-specific set of part numbers, unfortunately: http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index...ed_model=4017&selected_year=2016&mode=results

I won't be pulling the trigger before mid-April. That's when I'll go back to the OEM wheels and tires which only have 2-300 miles on them. I want to get it all ready, OEM suspension or aftermarket, summer wheels and tires, and the best autocross-friendly alignment I can get out of the chassis.

I appreciate you keeping us updated!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thanks for your impressions. There are a number of threads out there I've been trying to glean real-user information from and it's not easy. LOL

The Koni Yellows are cited as the "easy button" if you want performance shock and strut replacements. But they require some work to set and adjust the ride. The Koni STR.Ts would be the easy button if the handling wasn't compromised. Truly, all I want is the bouncy ride on city streets to get tamed as well as that occasional constant bouncing you get on the interstate in places. There's very little out there on the Bilsteins, but they've certainly done good things for other cars in the past. Oh, and the B6 is for OEM springs while the B8 is for lowering springs. I found a good price for them but are listed as for Fiesta, not the ST. I don't know if there is an ST-specific set of part numbers, unfortunately: http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index...ed_model=4017&selected_year=2016&mode=results

I won't be pulling the trigger before mid-April. That's when I'll go back to the OEM wheels and tires which only have 2-300 miles on them. I want to get it all ready, OEM suspension or aftermarket, summer wheels and tires, and the best autocross-friendly alignment I can get out of the chassis.

I appreciate you keeping us updated!
Actually there is a new thread on this forum regarding the B8s and a person or two has already tried them out so you can get more first hand feedback. I know the B8s are intended for lowering springs but when you think about it, the oem springs are already lowered some from the base Fiesta. So technically they should work.

I've looked into it on other forums too and there are others using other platforms with good feedback of the B8s with oem springs. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the B8s for our oem springs.