Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Free Intake Mod as per Mod Bargains

First like to say thanks to Mod Bargains for their ingenius idea. Took my bumper off to take care of some other items and following there lead cut two 1-1/2" holes connected the dots and voila. Raam mentioned sealing it off to the inner liner which I may still do, but once the car was apart there was no leaving to pickup some weatherstrip.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I really like what Sekred did with the PVC parts and may try my hand again when I find something closer to the shape I cut.

I was thinking if you could purchase the snorkel seperate from the air box you could use that to direct the air.

Hello. I am new here, but I am considering doing the same thing to my Fiesta ST.

Isnt there a chance that rain water, or water from a puddle can get into the air box this way?

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
Even if it somehow made its way up there, there is a drain hole in the bottom of the factory airbox. I have been running this mod for quite sometime with no ill effects through some monsoon rains.

Unless you're currently driving your car in South Carolina with this mod, you should be fine.

PhoenixM3

Hello. I am new here, but I am considering doing the same thing to my Fiesta ST.

Isnt there a chance that rain water, or water from a puddle can get into the air box this way?
Unless your ST is accompanying you on a scuba expedition, no.

PhoenixM3

Figures that I see this AFTER I reinstall my bumper. Oh well, it's coming off again when the crashbar and intercooler arrive. Crashbar and Intercooler - This combo sounds like a dynamic duo, or the name of my new band.....

GAbOS

This is on my list of mods and I am seriously considering the Steeda snorkel and open bottom tank.

Couldn't you just find some drier vent, smush it into shape, and glue the sucker there?