Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Hi-Power Cowl Induction Intake - Reviews/Install Tips/Gains

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

Once I got the cowl back on the vibrations went away. I'm loving it, it sounds like we are getting ready to take off. [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION], I was able to snap it down on all 4 posts once I had the first two in.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I went ahead and wrapped my 2JR intake this past weekend as well as added a barrier over the space around the intake where it goes through the lower cowl. So far, everything has been good with this intake for the time I've had it on. Now that it's insulated a little better, I'm seeing no more than 7 degrees f than ambient from my IAT while idling for 5 mins after the car has been driven for 30+ mins. While driving down the highway I'm actually seeing up to 2 degrees f less than ambient for the IAT. Of course the CAT is staying close to the IAT unless I'm really getting in it. So far, the CAT hasn't went over the IAT more than 10 degrees f. I'm gonna do some logs to get more info.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428336143.574156.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428336177.802222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428336204.614602.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428336222.103376.jpg

Here is my cowl after the cut, I made a template to overlay and cut out.

IMG_1475.jpg

Also FYI, I had my lower cowl off for awhile while I was messing with stuff, not really advised. The upper cowl then serves as basically a heat funnel to the intake, here is my intake temp after setting at a stop light in 70 degree ambient.
IMG_1463.JPG

Another point, I spent a few hours today mocking up a divider to try to keep the intake noise down by keeping it away from the cabin vent. I got a pretty good fit and it reduced the cabin noise little to none, I might still print out a final version because I like how well it holds the intake pipe so it doesn't move around in the cowl so much anymore.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's true that you can reduce in-cabin sound by a good margin. Fact is that it will NEVER be quiet without blocking the fresh air inlet. With sound deadening material what you come out with is a Caveman in a suit.

I tried Dynamat yesterday and saw zero difference. I think all the noise is coming through the AC ducts. I have no issue with it but my gf doesnt like it too much. Oh well lol.

I only used 2 sqft due to the cost. I put it around the area of the filter, about 2' in from the farthest edge I could reach. I was thinking maybe some flexseal later, if I really start to care about the noise.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I wonder...route flexible rectangular ducts to the fresh air vent from the vents in the cowl. Then close off whatever is left open of the inlet. I wonder how that would do?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Which means two holes in the cowl. And then it still would never be down to faux-cai levels. I'm over it, just kind of spit-balling. I like my private jet.

Agreed...or....you could just run the duct across to the other side of the cowl. Kinda relocate the opening so you didnt have to cut again.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I tried Dynamat yesterday and saw zero difference. I think all the noise is coming through the AC ducts. I have no issue with it but my gf doesnt like it too much. Oh well lol.
Yep, it is, as if you turn the a/c off, it is quieter than with the a/c on. Try it while accelerating half throttle, lol

Sorry been busy with trying to get the rest of my stuff fitted to the car.
Still working on improving it here is what it looks like as of right now. With rubber stripping going around the outside and around the hole.

View attachment 4790 View attachment 4791
Any way I could get that file? I'd like to try printing this for myself

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Still working on improving it here is what it looks like as of right now. With rubber stripping going around the outside and around the hole.

This looks promising. Can't wait to see some made.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

I'd be willing to separate with $50 to get this done.

no-pistons

How thick does that need to be? I might be able to do that in 1/8" aluminum. I can probably do that dimple also.