Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Hi-Power Cowl Induction Intake - Reviews/Install Tips/Gains

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

uploadfromtaptalk1456094057461.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456094070329.jpg

The big hose had the piece that's hanging plugged in there. Not sure if I'm supposed to disconnect it completely or what.
Smaller hose but sure if it goes to the green connector that goes to the 3 way split or the other one that goes down.

On startup the engine revs straight to 5k then I have to hit the gas to get it to drop to 1k then it'll bounce between that and 1500.

I'm stumped at this point.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The big hose had the piece that's hanging plugged in there. Not sure if I'm supposed to disconnect it completely or what.
Smaller hose but sure if it goes to the green connector that goes to the 3 way split or the other one that goes down.

On startup the engine revs straight to 5k then I have to hit the gas to get it to drop to 1k then it'll bounce between that and 1500.

I'm stumped at this point.
You have a 2016, don't you? Also, your hose PCV hose near the 2JR intake is disconnected.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't know what you're going to do about that sensor, though. It needs to make it's way on to the 2JR CCV line, somehow. Honestly, this really sucks unless you don't mind hacking more things up. Does the sensor come out cleanly? Or is there a way to cut the end with the sensor off? If so, you could use that end and connect the 2JR CCV.

I don't know what you're going to do about that sensor, though. It needs to make it's way on to the 2JR CCV line, somehow. Honestly, this really sucks unless you don't mind hacking more things up. Does the sensor come out cleanly? Or is there a way to cut the end with the sensor off? If so, you could use that end and connect the 2JR CCV.
I'm she with some kind of adapter it could slip onto the other end as opposed to replacing the entire unit. The hose almost slides on but there's not enough room for me to be comfortable with it holding.

I'm going to run around the block to see if it freaks out again then run to AutoZone to get a t fitting. I'd hate to have to reverse this whole process just to get a working car.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm she with some kind of adapter it could slip onto the other end as opposed to replacing the entire unit. The hose almost slides on but there's not enough room for me to be comfortable with it holding.

I'm going to run around the block to see if it freaks out again then run to AutoZone to get a t fitting. I'd hate to have to reverse this whole process just to get a working car.
Guess we all dropped the ball on recognizing this intake is only for pre-16s.

Good news is it's driving. I'm trying to stay off boost as much as possible. Anyone know off the top I'd their head what diameter hose/t fitting I need?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Good news is it's driving. I'm trying to stay off boost as much as possible. Anyone know off the top I'd their head what diameter hose/t fitting I need?
Try to get 1/4 or 3/8 hose. Same goes for the tee.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hopefully the next buyers see this before they make their purchase. And maybe [MENTION=542]joe@2j-racing[/MENTION] will update the site or make this known.

Not PnP for 2016s

Apparently 3/8 vacuum hose isn't common around me. Guess I'll be boost free for a few days.

the larger tube on the original intake that the other green clip attaches to is .495 inches. the smaller is a 3/8th connection. Luckily, there's a fastenal in town that I'm going to stop in and see what I can piece together or if I'm gonna have to call it a loss and throw the stock intake back on. The other piece with the sensor on the crankcase is going to take more research.

jayrod1980

Doing the necro thing here but any 5/16 check valve should work here for 2016s. Process is pretty easy after getting a solution for the MAP intake. On a 2016 you need a check valve going toward the Intake and connected at the T point of the Evap line. After that you can plug the secondary line that goes to the cold side charge pipe.

Buy a PCV from Boomba, Damond or whoever in 5/16 inch (8mm), and pick up some 5/16 Gates wiper/vacuum hose from OReilly auto parts, some 1/4-3/4 worm clamps from Home Depot, a Dorman vacuum plug kit and pull the stock cold charge pipe vacuum line. It connects to the stock intake and the charge pipe and it's a quick connect. Use a Dorman vacuum plug and worm clamp on the post of the cold side pipe. Then install your intake. Cut the old line off at the T fitting, connect and clamp the hose to the T, shortly after that clamp on your check valve close to the T with air flowing toward the intake, and connect the other end of the hose like you normally would to this system.

I'm still interested in getting this intake, just waiting to see how the sound deadening efforts have panned out with the foam and baffles.

TempeST

I love this intake. It is extremely loud, and I do not mind that until I have others in my car, sound deadening to come. But my only problem I had, and really upset me. As it happened to others as well. The MAP sensor screw holes stripped, way before my screws were even half way tightened. But other than that it's great.

LILIKE16ST

anyone had any luck getting one of these to work on a 16? I want this intake but I have a 16...I want to make sure I can make it work without having to perform miracles lol. I read in another thread on this forum there is an adaptor sold at maperformance.com for the 16 to enable them to use 14-15 style intakes. Could I use that said adaptor with this intake? I assume so but I'm just now learning about these intakes and the differences between the 14-15 and the 16. This is for sure the intake I want if I can make it work. I understand I need to get the maf extension too that's no problem. Thanks!
Michael

LILIKE16ST

I noticed in some of the pics there is an extra long hose going from where the vacuum thingy goes on the stock intake (excuse my specific term ignorance) goes across the engine bay and into the side of the new intake. That extra long piece of hose is just an ordinary piece of hose that can be bought at parts stores to extend this to the new intake, am I correct? I know the maf extension is sold on jms I saw the link...but that has to be extended to to reach the new 2jr intake after installed. I read the entire thread plus another thread on this intake and I could have overlooked it but don't remember anyone mentioning this and it had me a big confused. I have a 2016 and maperformance does make an adapter to make earlier intakes work on those...on part of said adapter hooks on the t fitting one side goes to the intercooler pipe the other hooks into the side of the intake...there's no way it's going to be able to reach all the way to the new intake so there would have to be an extension added in order to plug that into the side of the 2jr intake. I'm just trying to wrap my head around all I'm going to do need to make this work on 2016 ST because I am more than sold on this intake being the best one and I want it!

For those like me who had the bad luck of not getting the 2 screws for the MAF sensor, DO NOT use the self tapping screws used on the stock plastic intake or you will cross thread the aluminum. The correct size is M4X0.7mm. It took a week and a half to get the answer from 2JRacing but now I know.