Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Hi-Power Cowl Induction Intake - Reviews/Install Tips/Gains

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

Please use this thread to ONLY post your Cowl Intake reviews, comments and install suggestions. Use the other thread for discussions, questions, etc. Thanks!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
One obivous tip is if you go Bigger turbo that does not use the Stock intake pipe you will need to mod the pipe or coupler to fit.. Not a bad thing and Not unexpected on my part I am just putting this out there as a PSA. The intake got good reviews from my installer..
Thanks Joe..

Possibly the easiest install Ive done. Easy because everything fits properly and is straightforward, and only fits one way. Be ready not to be abke to hear your bluetooth over the intake noises, and you will quickly loose interest in your radio because the sounds are beautiful lol. I cant give official gain numbers, but I can tell you I spoll MUCH faster, and my car doesnt seem to be struggling to breathe. Best $160 you will ever spend on your car.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Here's some pictures and reviews!!!

After extending it about 3-3.5" and using a 90deg coupler to the EFR fitment was great. A little tape saved anything from getting scratched. The cut mark was still right on 12" so the EFR is in pretty much the stock location with that silicon 90deg on. All the lines and hook ups were good. However the 3/4 out needs some new silicon hose and 90 to help it get out of the intake. Also a adapter to 1". But these were expected and a simple fix once I get proper materials in. Thanks joe!

Russ

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #5
Russ, excellent job on the EFR to 2J Cowl intake. Thanks for the photos and comments. BTW, your welds are better than mine - I need more practice, haha. I have an EFR 6258 in the box, we need to talk about the manifold. Lets chat when you get a min 770.888.0070

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #6
FYI, all future shipments will include clamps and the reducer. The price will also go up on April 1st to $179.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Russ, excellent job on the EFR to 2J Cowl intake. Thanks for the photos and comments. BTW, your welds are better than mine - I need more practice, haha. I have an EFR 6258 in the box, we need to talk about the manifold. Lets chat when you get a min 770.888.0070
i am available most of the day. Doing end of quarter stuff... ugh

Russ

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Has anyone measured the distance from the end of the plug to the strut tower. I have my Mishimoto OCC installed there. Man, I wish all of the plugs and ports were on the other side of the tube, Joe, I just ordered mine this morning, any chance of moving my tube and port to the other side?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Has anyone measured the distance from the end of the plug to the strut tower. I have my Mishimoto OCC installed there. Man, I wish all of the plugs and ports were on the other side of the tube, Joe, I just ordered mine this morning, any chance of moving my tube and port to the other side?

There is almost no way that catch will fit.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Even if he moved everything i dont think there would be enough room.

Russ

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks Joe. Has anyone done a dynamat install yet? Is the dynamat placed on the plastic upper and lower cowls, or on the body itself?
Yes in for info on this after hearing this bad boy it may need a wee bit of taming for a daily ..

I need to add that when you install this, make sure to leave room for the cam positioning sensor to move and not slam against the tube. I have mine mounted just a tad too far to the passenger side and when I romp on it, it makes hard contact and I end up popping the fuse for the emissions control system. Easy fix, amazing intake.

JPGC

2000 Post Club

Yeah, no way it will fit. I had to relocate mine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427841750.647859.jpg

need assistance....I have a couple questions...
1. Is the intake tube have some play once everything is buttoned down?
2. I started the car and I'm getting some vibrations noises, is that normal?

Thank you for your help.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How do you guys keep your cover on? Just let it hang out? That's what mine is doing. Just hanging out, snapped on the top two posts.