Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Non-ST Fiesta Front Sway Bar onto FiST?

I bought some 22mm Energy Suspension bushings and bracket from AutoZone for around 18 bucks. They will special order them and they will be in store in a few days. Can also get ones with grease fittings. Hope to install 22mm bar soon.

Some people like the Eibach 24mm bar but car will not rotate as well as with smaller bar.
Update. 22mm Energy Suspension bushings are too squeaky for me, so since the newer ST (2/6/16 production and newer) comes with the Fiesta 22mm swaybar, I decided to first order a set from a Fiesta for $8/pair. They seemed much softer than the 19mm ST bushings, so instead of installing, I researched the part number using a 2017 ST VIN and came up with these (about $6/pair) and have the factory metal bracket across the bottom. Part #C1BZ-5484-D. Here is a link https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-stabilizer-bar-bushing-c1bz5484d. They should fit factory bushing brackets.

They seem like a very very stiff rubber that was designed by ST for the 22mm swaybar, so I will install them with liberal grease (especially where it hits the swaybar collars) and report back.

Addendum- found the 19mm brackets are not tall enough for the new bushings, so another 6 bucks for the correct pair of brackets...

https://www.varsityfordparts.com/oe...bracket-ay1z5486a/?c=bT0xJmk9TVgxMTIzMDUmcj0z

Last edited:
so since the newer ST (2/6/16 production and newer) comes with the Fiesta 22mm swaybar
wait you're saying 2016 built cars have a different sway bar? Had no idea

edit: yup just read the thread on the changes very interesting. cool i'll check that off the list then (a july 2016 build)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing the best thing us post 2/6/16 built owners can do is install a set of those White Line (or whatever other brand makes them) adjustable front end links (like Rick did to his with the stock front bar), since the much larger bars inhibit rotation?? [dunno]

I'm guessing the best thing us post 2/6/16 built owners can do is install a set of those White Line (or whatever other brand makes them) adjustable front end links (like Rick did to his with the stock front bar), since the much larger bars inhibit rotation?? [dunno]
The larger front bar will allow you to attack slaloms faster with less lift throttle oversteer (as well as lessen the body roll which will keep the front tires from rolling over on their edges as much as the 18mm front swaybar). But, if you want to soften the larger bars on the 2016.5 cars and up, you can use the softer 22mm rubber bushings from an earlier model non ST Fiesta. All the adjustable front end links will do is allow you to eliminate swaybar preload (which will help car rotate a bit better by reducing the binding effects of preload).