Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E's xCel Ram AirBox 3" Intake System

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm considering heading over to have them install a black one on my car...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #46
I'm considering heading over to have them install a black one on my car...
Mine shipped yesterday...satin black...

BTW...not sure if your on their mailing list but CP-E sent this PROMO out this morning for those local looking to purchase and have them installed....but its also a fairly easy DIY install...

ImageProxy.jpg

rexdriver85

Mine shipped yesterday...satin black...

BTW...not sure if your on their mailing list but CP-E sent this PROMO out this morning for those local looking to purchase and have them installed....but its also a fairly easy DIY install...

View attachment 4750
Awesome! Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji41]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
On a side note... Anyone that buys this intake and is local by me, I will DRIVE TO YOU and match the amazing price of $150 to install this intake. Lol.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #50
yeah...shouldn't take no more than 1/2 hr for anyone to install this themselves!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #55
Awesome! So how's it sound? Are you happy with it? Really think this is going to be the one I go for. [emoji106][emoji106]
Haven't really had time to thoroughly evaluate yet...but so far extremely pleased....

CP-E's intake is definitely louder than both OEM and the Cobb intakes I had installed....And build quality is amazing...

There's 4 main aspects of CP-E’s new CAI which differ from that of both the OEM and COBB (last intake installed) that I do appreciate:

1) Larger enclosed custom airbox design with a secondary 3” diameter lower snorkel inlet air tube

2) Larger 4” ID wide mouth conical filter design (outer filter dimensions are approx. 6” dia x 6” L)

3) CP-E’s Conical Filter incorporates the use of a CNC velocity stack bellmouth insert which smoothly compresses the air by gently reducing the filter ID from 4” to 3” to match the 3” diameter intake tubing

4) And most important of course is its show quality aesthetics! :)

I will be evaluating other aspects over the next week....

CSM

1000 Post Club
Wow I am very impressed with this piece. Would this be a bolt on affair with an OTS tune? or would there need to be adjustments made?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #57
Wow I am very impressed with this piece. Would this be a bolt on affair with an OTS tune? or would there need to be adjustments made?
Just a bolt on with no retune necessary...That said... I intend to do some tuning re-evaluations soon to see if things can be optimized even further ...

CSM

1000 Post Club
Just a bolt on with no retune necessary...That said... I intend to do some tuning re-evaluations soon to see if things can be optimized even further ...
Very tempting....might have to swap out my Mountune unit for this one. Basically same price, but the CPE box looks better engineered!