Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E's xCel Ram AirBox 3" Intake System

Sound Clip!
Quite interested, but really want to hear how it sounds.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #67
Gotta do a tune to get power out of it due to the OEM tuning methods of Ford. Stage 1 OTS COBB tune worked quite well.
Hi Mitch and Welcome!

I saw CP-E recently posted these dyno results for their intake on another site...not sure if this was you?

"We just posted Dyno graphs ...Each graph shows identical maps/parts, minus the intake, for each run. Stock intake vs cp-e intake. We understand that a 3rd party would be a better judgement call, but we are not in the market to scam our customers. We were quite surprised with the results ourselves. We were expecting gains, but not like these.We hope this helps people in their decisions. "

Results (stock intake vs cp-e intake) with Cobb Stg1 OTS map:
Cp-e intake dyno - Cobb stg1.jpg

Results (stock intake vs cp-e intake) with Cobb Stg2 OTS map:
Cp-e intake dyno - Cobb stg2.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Hi Mitch and Welcome!

I saw CP-E recently posted these dyno results for their intake on another site...not sure if this was you?

"We just posted Dyno graphs ...Each graph shows identical maps/parts, minus the intake, for each run. Stock intake vs cp-e intake. We understand that a 3rd party would be a better judgement call, but we are not in the market to scam our customers. We were quite surprised with the results ourselves. We were expecting gains, but not like these.We hope this helps people in their decisions. "

Results (stock intake vs cp-e intake) with Cobb Stg1 OTS map:
View attachment 4864

Results (stock intake vs cp-e intake) with Cobb Stg2 OTS map:
View attachment 4863
Those results also have the DP installed though, right? Or am I reading the chart notes incorrectly?

That was our forum administrator but I installed the intake and did all the dyno runs.

Throttle closes when it sees too much air on the stock tune so we did not see gains. However the sound is still there. You can hear the turbo and BOV much better with the intake The days of being able to bolt on parts and see power without a tune are over due to the complex tuning in newer cars. Drove it around all day last sunday and could not stop getting into boost just to hear it. Just for extra transparancy the runs were technically on different days. I dynoed the car w/o the intake and installed the intake one day and then the very next morning I did the dyno runs w/ the intake on.

I am so impressed with the car I am most likely buying our shop car as my daily and selling my e36 BMW so you will see me on this forum much more and I am pushing to try and get our own vendor subforum on this forum in addition to fiestast.org. I do all the installs and testing new products here at CP-E and I a mechanical engineer so I will be helping with design of FiST parts. Feel free to PM me if you guys have any issues with installations or questions with our parts.

Boostbumps- thanks for all the support and pics of the installation. We really appreciate it!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #71
That was our forum administrator but I installed the intake and did all the dyno runs.

Throttle closes when it sees too much air on the stock tune so we did not see gains. However the sound is still there. You can hear the turbo and BOV much better with the intake The days of being able to bolt on parts and see power without a tune are over due to the complex tuning in newer cars. Drove it around all day last sunday and could not stop getting into boost just to hear it. Just for extra transparancy the runs were technically on different days. I dynoed the car w/o the intake and installed the intake one day and then the very next morning I did the dyno runs w/ the intake on.

I am so impressed with the car I am most likely buying our shop car as my daily and selling my e36 BMW so you will see me on this forum much more and I am pushing to try and get our own vendor subforum on this forum in addition to fiestast.org. I do all the installs and testing new products here at CP-E and I a mechanical engineer so I will be helping with design of FiST parts. Feel free to PM me if you guys have any issues with installations or questions with our parts.

Boostbumps- thanks for all the support and pics of the installation. We really appreciate it!
Thanks for clarifying Mitch and very much appreciate you joining our group here on the forum and look forward to hearing more from you guys at CP-E in the future!

-Tom

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #74
Like the look of it, but it's so damn overpriced, just pulled the trigger on Cobb stuff
yeah...you mentioned that a few times now..

Personally, I don't think its necessarily overpriced per say...Its just probably a bit more expensive than some can afford or are willing to spend financially and that's understandable ...Fortunately I can afford to splurge on items such as this....

I'm extremely pleased with the design and quality of CP-E's intake which replaced my Cobb CAI thats now sitting in a box in my garage...I should probably sell it...

yeah...you mentioned that a few times now..

Personally, I don't think its necessarily overpriced per say...Its just probably a bit more expensive than some can afford or are willing to spend financially and that's understandable ...Fortunately I can afford to splurge on items such as this....

I'm extremely pleased with the design and quality of CP-E's intake which replaced my Cobb CAI thats now sitting in a box in my garage...I should probably sell it...
Nah, man I can afford it, but I'm not gonna splurge on something that gives minimal gains just for a lil under hood eye candy lol

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #76
Nah, man I can afford it, but I'm not gonna splurge on something that gives minimal gains just for a lil under hood eye candy lol
Yep...We all have different goals and priorities......and for some of us its not overpriced...

Kinda interesting how some are only focused on seeing big gains for each individual part installed rather than focus on improved airflow characteristics to prepare for other mods down the road such as larger turbo ...I also thought cp-e's dyno results posted earlier were actually quite impressive all things considered...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #78
Touche no offense meant, to each their own
None taken....I was just trying to point out the difference between the use of the word "overpriced" vs "expensive" or "spendy"..thats all :)

happy modding!