Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E's xCel Ram AirBox 3" Intake System

JasonHaven

Do you have the symposer still installed? Curious to know how they play with each other, since this intake is probably happening within the next month or two, for me.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Do you have the symposer still installed? Curious to know how they play with each other, since this intake is probably happening within the next month or two, for me.
I do, it never bothered me. I can try and get a sound clip if you like.

JasonHaven

I do, it never bothered me. I can try and get a sound clip if you like.
Would love to hear it! I'm one of the seemingly few that actually likes the symposer, but I don't have anything that 'fights it' in sound installed yet.

haste

1000 Post Club
I also have the intake, a few notes here. Please make sure the first pipe coming out of the bellmouth between the two silcone hoses is not rubbing on the engine! I had to adjust it during installation but there is plenty of clearance once adjusted properly.
I did not have to cut the electrical tape on the maf sensor wires as you can see in my pic. It's a great looking intake and I am actually glad I ended up with the red(originally ordered black but they were 3 weeks out). The turbo sound is sweet and better than with just a drop-in filter.

I also did not remove the cowl, as you said it takes a little extra patience but it's no problem. I'm a diesel mechanic and it took me 1 hr 20 minutes start to finish. I can see it taking longer for someone not quite as experienced.

My major complaint is the chintzy plastic clips that are used for the hood prop. If you are not careful they pop out very easily.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yes those plastic pieces are lacking, only one engages the rod, not sure why there are two.

I had the same issue with the pipe touching but as you say it all fits well.

I was being honest about my 3 hour install time. I took it leisurely and played some video games on my phone throughout. I try to enjoy modding and not take it too seriously, half the fun for me is the anticipation and install, so I went about it slow. Had a few hang ups too, otherwise it probably would have gone a bit faster.

My wife and I went out for a nice steak dinner tonight, we took the Fiesta.....she asked me if I'd installed a new turbo. Heh heh...

haste

1000 Post Club
Ah, ok. I had just finished an 8 hour shift and wanted to get home because I was hungry! haha

My wife also loves the new sound of the intake. That is a good thing because technically it is her car and her daily.

Thanks for the honest review!

Yours should not have been a prototype. The prototype is not powdercoated and is sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I spend alot of time struggling with the plexiglass protection film as well. We are switching to a different source that should peel off easily like a sticker.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Would love to hear it! I'm one of the seemingly few that actually likes the symposer, but I don't have anything that 'fights it' in sound installed yet.
Sorry it took so long, I've been crazy busy...I made a little sound clip today with my phone, windows down, hope this helps, the sound you're hearing is pretty close to real life. If the window is up it's about 60% muted.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HtVS-aUzQBc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link if embed fail:

https://youtu.be/HtVS-aUzQBc

Thanks for the honest review!

Yours should not have been a prototype. The prototype is not powdercoated and is sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I spend alot of time struggling with the plexiglass protection film as well. We are switching to a different source that should peel off easily like a sticker.
Thanks Mitch I appreciate the goodwill, you guys designed a fine intake for my car and I am happy with it! Nothing is perfect, it's all good. I just got unlucky with a few minor things as mentioned but I made it work.

Will this kit work with the 2016 models? I've noticed my 2016 has a few different vacuum lines on the stock intake.

I installed this intake 2 weekends ago and am very satisfied. I received the intake 2 or 3 days after ordering (even selected the cheapest shipping). Everything came nicely packaged and the workmanship is top notch. I installed this with my dad as I have little experience working on cars and it took the both of us about an hour and a half. I also did not remove the cowl which probably saved a good bit of time. The instructions overall were pretty straight forward but they could definitely be re-written, they had incorrectly mixed up some clamp numbers. There was also some bolts that I did not use... not sure if this is because I reused some from the original setup or if there are just extra, but everything is very snug and I've had 0 issues.

The bottom snorkel pipe also comes up into the box a little higher than I would have liked... I had to put it up about an inch and a half so it didn't interfere with the intercooler piping. The instructions recommend one inch... and it is held in place by a clamp. I would have liked to been able to have the end of it threaded so it would screw into the bottom of the box, this would have made things a bit simpler, but I am being critical. My only real complaint is the paper/sticker that they had to protect the plexiglass. It took me at least a half an hour to remove both sides as it would break into little pieces.

I came from the mountune airbox intake and this intake is noticeably more audible... especially the blow off valve. It sounds and looks amazing. The car also feels a little quicker, especially through 1st and 2nd gear. I tried to get some vdyno data prior to swapping out the intakes but for whatever reason my excel file says that not all the data is there... even though it is. I unfortunately don't have any data to back up any performance gains but I do feel it, or at least I think I do. Even if it isn't there, I'm still very happy with the purchase.

IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0685.JPG

fred dirt

Paintedfist- I spoke with a rep at CPE Friday... she told me the '16 intake is done, and now going into production. She said it will be another 6-8 weeks before they are ready to ship though... bummer as I want one too and have been jonesing bad for a full intake.

Paintedfist- I spoke with a rep at CPE Friday... she told me the '16 intake is done, and now going into production. She said it will be another 6-8 weeks before they are ready to ship though... bummer as I want one too and have been jonesing bad for a full intake.
I just got this e-mail from cp-e concerning intake for 2016 owners...

"Unfortunately this is still a few months out :( . We are really excited to bring this to the Fiesta community but have a few projects we have to button up first."

Bummer. I hope they can bring those of us waiting for this a little bit of a pre-sale ordering discount.

I just got this e-mail from cp-e concerning intake for 2016 owners...

"Unfortunately this is still a few months out :( . We are really excited to bring this to the Fiesta community but have a few projects we have to button up first."

Bummer. I hope they can bring those of us waiting for this a little bit of a pre-sale ordering discount.
still... waiting... still....

We were REALLY busy with the RS "done".

I had a customer buy the mishimoto 2016 silicone and our intake and make it work. A little more expensive.

Parts are on their way to make a 2016 adapter. Please bare with us.

More fiesta products also coming soon.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the wait.