Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Only seeing 18 PSI on torque app

Do you guys think this is probably a boost leak? The car only has 700mi on it, but I can only see a max of 18psi using torque and whatever default configuration it has. Do I need to change any settings to measure boost? I also think I only ever saw a max throttle % of ~75 or so as well.

I tightened all the clamps that I could, can't get to the intercooler ones with the car on the ground, will ask the dealership to do so when I get an oil change shortly.

If you are bone stock that is about right by my accounts. Nothing to be concerned with. Which gear did you see that boost level in?

standard boost limit is ~18. It has an "overboost" function that will allow short spikes to 21psi between 2500 and 5500RPM

Also note that unless they've updated it, Torque is not a good boost gauge. It's an estimated and calculated number based on sensor input. A true boost gauge plumbed to a vac source is the only way to really know where your boost is.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Third and fourth, I know it can limit itself in 1 and 2

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
standard boost limit is ~18. It has an "overboost" function that will allow short spikes to 21psi between 2500 and 5500RPM

Also note that unless they've updated it, Torque is not a good boost gauge. It's an estimated and calculated number based on sensor input. A true boost gauge plumbed to a vac source is the only way to really know where your boost is.
Well if multiple users have torque configured the same way, we can at least compare our values, even if they aren't necessarily accurate.

My analog boost gauge shows 18 PSI most of the time. I have seen it climb to 21 a few times if I'm really pushing it.

I'll get my torque app hooked up this weekend (BT dongle is currently stuck in wife's car) and see what the boost reads. If it's accurate, that's fantastic. Ive been using it almost since it launched and the dev hasn't stopped working on it and expanding it in more than 5 years.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think it prob just has a poor refresh rate cause its wireless. Still a good product. I very much enjoy my cobb access port because it not only has peak hold, but the datalogging is great. Keeps me driving while I'm driving and I can look at the laptop later or see what my peaks where after a pull.

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
The default gauges (round"analog" ones) in torque have a little marker for peak value seen. Or you can have the line that moves right to left and it will show peaks, but you would have to look at it within 10sec or so.

XuperXero

18 is right for 3rd/4th gear. Remember, 21 psi is PEAK, which happens for split second in 2nd. That's the only time I can record 21 max.

I did some tests today on my car (150 miles on the clock). Did some long pulls in fourth gear along motorway on-ramps etc from 20mph up to 80mph - boost quickly climbed to around 12/13 then more slowly to around 16 or 17. Momentary peaks registered higher on the scale due to some enthusiastic acceleration in second gear. Certainly felt exactly like the last ST in terms of pull and boost. Will keep an eye on this as I drive around with Torque.

yup with my digital gauge connected to the symposer delete I get a spike of 21 and then settles around 17-18 in a third gear pull

I did some tests today on my car (150 miles on the clock). Did some long pulls in fourth gear along motorway on-ramps etc from 20mph up to 80mph - boost quickly climbed to around 12/13 then more slowly to around 16 or 17. Momentary peaks registered higher on the scale due to some enthusiastic acceleration in second gear. Certainly felt exactly like the last ST in terms of pull and boost. Will keep an eye on this as I drive around with Torque.
This is how mine acts as well, and really doesn't seem like it used to feel. It seems like it would spike up quicker and then taper off as RPMs came on. Now, it spikes to 12-13 and then very slowly climbs to 18-20. Feels a lot more sluggish than it used to. Is this normal or do most folks get the full 16-18 PSI right away (2K RPM ish)?

My mileage has also dropped fairly sharply since the summer. I used to get 32 ish on average, now its averaging about 27.

I'm holding out hope that the winter blend gas here in Raleigh area is just complete trash.

My mileage has also dropped fairly sharply since the summer. I used to get 32 ish on average, now its averaging about 27.

I'm holding out hope that the winter blend gas here in Raleigh area is just complete trash.
Funny, that's what I've been experiencing. I must have the shitty winter blend gas up in minnesnowta too!

Funny, that's what I've been experiencing. I must have the shitty winter blend gas up in minnesnowta too!
Yea I'm chalking it up to that. I got pissed off at the car, took it out and ragged the piss out of it, hitting redline, and generally just driving it like I stole it. The "fun" came back :D

I ran a data log on my car with Torque, logging RPM, AFR (measured), PSI, and timing. Everything actually looked really good from what I can tell. I'm no tuner. It DID pull timing once:

the boost was coming on better etc. The only thing I found interesting was that the AFR seems a bit rich? Is this normal for stock?

Thanks

XuperXero

Yea I'm chalking it up to that. I got pissed off at the car, took it out and ragged the piss out of it, hitting redline, and generally just driving it like I stole it. The "fun" came back :D

I ran a data log on my car with Torque, logging RPM, AFR (measured), PSI, and timing. Everything actually looked really good from what I can tell. I'm no tuner. It DID pull timing once:

the boost was coming on better etc. The only thing I found interesting was that the AFR seems a bit rich? Is this normal for stock?

Thanks

That's running a bit leaner than my car. I'm getting 12.1 around 4k rpm then dips to 11's by redline. What's your boost calculation method? I can't seem to get over 18 psi on calculation by MAF, but calculation by MAF doesn't work.