Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LED interior lighting

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Would you happen to have a link to a thread on how to replace the bulbs, i just purchased the LEDs but have absolutely no idea how to put them in
Sorry, I don't have a link immediately available...But if use the search feature I know there are a few threads that discuss how to replace interior bulbs with LEDs...good luck!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
i just did this mod with the red LEDs however since then my car has been dying pretty much every other day, did you have this problem as well, or could it just be my alternator?

I had LEDs installed for a few years without any issues...They draw very little current compared to incandescent bulbs and shouldn't draw any power when switched off....

Have you checked your battery? I find living here in the low desert that batteries don't last more than ~3 years due to the excessive heat...

I had LEDs installed for a few years without any issues...They draw very little current compared to incandescent bulbs and shouldn't draw any power when switched off....

Have you checked your battery? I find living here in the low desert that batteries don't last more than ~3 years due to the excessive heat...
the problem did start until the night i switched the lights, granted a friend did leave the lights on then to originally kill the battery, maybe i just havnt been able to get it back up since, however we drove it around for close to 45 min the last time with no problems, however the car is not even a year old yet, maybe 10 months

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
the problem did start until the night i switched the lights, granted a friend did leave the lights on then to originally kill the battery, maybe i just havnt been able to get it back up since, however we drove it around for close to 45 min the last time with no problems, however the car is not even a year old yet, maybe 10 months
Might want to try switching back to incandescent bulb and see if your battery is still able to hold a charge...You may have damaged the battery by completely draining it with leaving the lights on...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This "friend" should be buying you a new battery....who's idea was it to intentionally kill the battery....that is by far the dumbest thing I've seen and heard today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This "friend" should be buying you a new battery....who's idea was it to intentionally kill the battery....that is by far the dumbest thing I've seen and heard today.

i dont blame him for other circumstances i couldnt drive it so he had to park it for me and left it on because he was unfamiliar with my car i presume, its all good i had planned on switching out a battery anyhow but i took out the LEDs and were about to recharge it again, and if it still doesnt hold a charge then im gonna take it to get tested to see if its the battery or the alternator

it was just the battery, because of how long it was dead the first time, so i just said screw it and bought a new battery only was like 123

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
it was just the battery, because of how long it was dead the first time, so i just said screw it and bought a new battery only was like 123
What kind of battery? Hopefully you didn't go cheap....ya get what pay 99% with batteries nowdays....except with optima since they switched production to Mexico after being bought out....now they are absolute doodle.😯

What kind of battery? Hopefully you didn't go cheap....ya get what pay 99% with batteries nowdays....except with optima since they switched production to Mexico after being bought out....now they are absolute doodle.??????

well I had been looking to go lightweight, but unfortunately the place I went to ended up only having one type in stock, Duralast Gold. so eh itll do for now and it got my car up and running. im looking into FMIC right now, due to having an exhaust currently, but not on, because I don't want to pay for a tune before getting a FMIC so, the wait begins.