Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Engine Oil, Coolant, Fluid Specifications

Admin1

Staff Member
[table="width: 600"]
[tr]
[td]Item[/td]
[td]Capacity[/td]
[td]Ford part name or
equivalent
[/td]
[td]Ford part number /
Ford specification
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Brake fluid[/td]
[td]Between MAX and MIN on reservoir[/td]
[td]Motorscraft DOT 4 LV High Performance Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid[/td]
[td]PM-20 / WSS-M6C65-A2 and ISO 4925 Class 6[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Engine oil[/td]
[td]4.3 quarts (4.1L) (with filter change)[/td]
[td]Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil or equivalent[/td]
[td]XO-5W20-QSP(US) CXO-5W20-LSP12
(Canada)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil[/td]
[td]XO-5W20-QFS (US) CXO-5W20-LFS12 (Canada) / WSS-M2C945-A[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Engine coolant[/td]
[td]6.5 quarts (6.2L)[/td]
[td]Motorcraft Orange Antifreeze/Coolant Prediluted[/td]
[td]VC-3DIL-B (US) CVC-3DIL-B (Canada) / WSS-M97B44-D2[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Transmission fluid[/td]
[td]1.8 quarts (1.7L)[/td]
[td]Motorcraft Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid[/td]
[td]XT-11-QDC / WSS-M2C200-D2[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Got my second dealer oil change today and noticed Oil part # X0-5W20-BSP on the invoice. The ST Supplement says X0-5W20-QSP. Did they use older obsolete oil in my engine?

hmm... it's marked right on the reservoir.
Just found it thanks. It's placed inwards behind the inlet pipe where it's not obvious. Even then, I can only make out the MIN indicator. I'll just make sure it's above that line.

The oil I buy from walmart is Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20, but it doesn't say Premium Synthetic Blend. The part number is similar but has a different last number (I'll have to look at the specific value, but it's on par with the "quart" vs "bulk" identifier since its in the 5qt jug). Is there a difference?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bump on that Walmart post.
I think it's the same thing. If not, they are going out of their way to confuse people...
Just buy full synthetic that is Dexos Gen2... you can get Castrol Magnatec or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for $20-25 a jug, there is just no reason to not get full synthetic with our DI-T motors subject to LSPI.

I use Mobil 1 5W20.
I have Mobil or Pennzoil, but think the Mobil does a better job.
Just make sure it's (semi) synthetic, and 5W20, brand doesn't really matter, and you're good to go.
Especially if you change the oil more frequent than the '15-20k miles' recommended interval (between brackets, because in reality you'd be getting 6-8k miles out of them, before thinking about changing the oil).
The Mobil 1 is just simply better than any oil I've ever used. Better than the Ford recommended motor oil.
But it's also more expensive.

I personally find Mobil 1 better than Royal Purple, even though Royal Purple is touted as the best. However, Royal Purple often goes for 40% lower price.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Blackstone report

WADE: Your Ford couldn't ask for a better first report. We'll start by introducing universal averages. For the engine type, those are based on ~6,000 miles of oil use. You sampled the same interval, making for an easy apples-to-apples comparison. With your metals testing close to average and in a healthy balance, we didn't find evidence of poor wear or mechanical trouble. The 4.4 TBN shows active additive left, and we're all for extending the interval next time. The viscosity was right on target and no contamination showed up. Try about 8,000 miles next time.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Blackstone report

WADE: Your Ford couldn't ask for a better first report. We'll start by introducing universal averages. For the engine type, those are based on ~6,000 miles of oil use. You sampled the same interval, making for an easy apples-to-apples comparison. With your metals testing close to average and in a healthy balance, we didn't find evidence of poor wear or mechanical trouble. The 4.4 TBN shows active additive left, and we're all for extending the interval next time. The viscosity was right on target and no contamination showed up. Try about 8,000 miles next time.

This was Redline 5-30

green_henry

1000 Post Club
This was Redline 5-30

Redline makes good fluids! RL600 brake fluid and their DCTF work great in the FiST.

What oil filter were you using? I was not at all impressed with the Motorcraft filter after my last oil change and am going back to Mobil 1 filters.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Redline makes good fluids! RL600 brake fluid and their DCTF work great in the FiST.

What oil filter were you using? I was not at all impressed with the Motorcraft filter after my last oil change and am going back to Mobil 1 filters.
Motorcraft