Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Downpipe Review

I just swapped out my downpipe to a Mountune catted downpipe. I must say, it is worth the price.

Just by looking at the welds and the quality of the metal, Mountune did not disappoint. Included in the package (not shown) are the replacement gasket and two pairs of nuts and bolts. You are required to re-use the stock gasket ring, but you can also pick up a new one from your local dealership around $6.00 (Part Number shown)

Look at these welds!!!

Fitment is perfect. I had no problem mating my Cobb Catback into this downpipe. Since this is a catted downpipe, sound increase is noticeable but not substantial like putting a catless pipe.

Also, these are backed by limited lifetime warranty from Mountune. Just register them with the serial code plated on the downpipe and you're all set.

Soundclip coming soon!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just swapped out my downpipe to a Mountune catted downpipe. I must say, it is worth the price.

Just by looking at the welds and the quality of the metal, Mountune did not disappoint. Included in the package (not shown) are the replacement gasket and two pairs of nuts and bolts. You are required to re-use the stock gasket ring, but you can also pick up a new one from your local dealership around $6.00 (Part Number shown)

Look at these welds!!!

Fitment is perfect. I had no problem mating my Cobb Catback into this downpipe. Since this is a catted downpipe, sound increase is noticeable but not substantial like putting a catless pipe.

Also, these are backed by limited lifetime warranty from Mountune. Just register them with the serial code plated on the downpipe and you're all set.

Soundclip coming soon!
Congrats Charlie! looks very nice...

man that thing does look really well built... Im so torn on getting this or the cobb or a atp catless everyone seems to say power gain is so much better catless....[dunno]

KKaWing

man that thing does look really well built... Im so torn on getting this or the cobb or a atp catless everyone seems to say power gain is so much better catless....[dunno]
Vibrant claims otherwise:

[video=youtube;56oLVgpwOAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oLVgpwOAs[/video]

Oh, and really nice looking DP!

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #5
The performance loss difference with the catted (high flow) vs non-catted will be very marginal. Even if Mountune has 200 cell vs 100 cell cat compared to other downpipes.

KKaWing

Also take note, a wider 200 cell cat would generally flow better than a tightly packed 200 cell.

OP
chalituna
Thread Starter #8
Nice!

Notice any spool difference between the cat dp vs. non cat dp?
Louder feels faster but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Either way, I can feel the turbo spool up almost instantly with both downpipes.

They both have pros and cons in my opinion... Catless has a mean growl and sounds like a shotgun when you come down off compression. But when you're waiting at a stoplight with the windows rolled down, it feels like i'll get cancer breathing in these fumes.

me32

1000 Post Club
Louder feels faster but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Either way, I can feel the turbo spool up almost instantly with both downpipes.

They both have pros and cons in my opinion... Catless has a mean growl and sounds like a shotgun when you come down off compression. But when you're waiting at a stoplight with the windows rolled down, it feels like i'll get cancer breathing in these fumes.
So no regrets going to this down pipe?

Rhinopolis

What's the biggest gain in your opinion from going with a DP, and where do you notice any extra grunt most in the power-band? Does it wake up the top end or just provide additional kick within the existing power-band?

I'm torn on the DP as I don't want an exhaust, but I think I want a DP. My last car was full exhaust and was loud and uncomfortable on longer trips, for my wife......... With my FiST I'm tempted to go stock exhaust with a DP.