Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

If you can get a group buy I'm interested to
Depends how many want them. Overall I can get you a lower price than what Summit sells them for.

Nice meeting you too man. Thanks for all the knowledge you shared with me. Sunday was like an accelerated coarse of how to's and you were more than right, I'm not going back till I have some slicks to make it worth my time. Did you end up making a run?
No I didn't. I guess I could have gotten the stripped lugnut off at any tire shop in town, but I wasn't thinking that way.

I've run it without the seats since on back at IDRC in March 2017, it ran 13.54@100.6 as my best pass but it was also high 80's/low 90's. So whatever performance I would have gained with less weight was negated by the higher ambient temps which is problematic as I was still on the stock inter-cooler and having problems with my water injection system

I know that was why because back in Feb of 2017 at Import Face-Off at Famoso when it was low 60's all day it ran 13.14@102.49. So I lost about 25-26 hp to the heat as my best trap that day was 102.67. That was full weight, minus the spare, plus any weight reduction from the Cobb down pipe I installed since the last time you've seen the car.

I've made some additional changes and got the water-methanol system back online. Chances are you won't likely see the car again in Southern California until Oct/Nov.

Street Tuner is this weekend at Famoso Raceway. I suggest you show up early because there were lots of cars and because of a few oil downs everybody got limited running maybe 2-3 passes all night.

I hope I can attend as well. If not then Street Tuner in August.

I got in to the 12s on a 215 street tire. I know I could have done better but only got 2 passes in.
12.986 @110.01
r/t... .237
60'... 2.141
1/8... 8.514
1/8 mph ... 88.25
1000... 10.942

cobb DP, MBRP cat back, Fswerk intake, boomba intake spacer, one step colder ngk plugs, x47, boomba catch can, boomba short throw shifter, bald 215/45r17 super sport tires, Stratified Aux fuel kit running E50, montune FM intercooler and pipes, gfb diverter valve and turbosmart wastegate

LILIKE16ST

Real nice times on that x47 setup the trap is very respectable. Well the et is too. I knew it was capable of 12s. With that trap it could probably get well into the 12 second range with a tire. Impressive to have run 12s on street tires. Love me some x47 lol

What sort of RPM are you guys launching at with your different setups?

Also are you turning Traction completely off or onto sport mode?

'16 FiST
CP-e rear mount
Cobb Stage 1 OTS 93 tune
20psi in the factory Bridgestone RE050A's
Full weight, nothing removed, half tank of gas

What size slicks is everyone running? I got a spare set of 10 hole mustang wheels kicking around I could out to use. Thinking about slicks, e40 stratified tune, and an intercooler. IC will come first, these 40-50 degree above ambient temps are pretty dumb. It was about 85 degrees on the first run, then about 70 by the last run. 130-115 degree charge temps.

You have two choices of slicks. Personally I use M&H but both M&H and Mickey Thompson sell tire that will go with 15" wheels.

The Mickey Thompson is a 22" tall 8" wide slick ET Drag - $205 each

M&H is 23" tall but you can get it 7" wide or 8" wide. Lower power 7" wide is fine.

You can also opt for drag radials. The one negative about slicks and low power is that it takes away from trap speed a bit. You typically run slicks about less than half the psi of normal street tires and that adds drag.

Drag Radials can be aired down aggressively as well but overall work best between 15-20 psi. This will help you maintain your trap speed. While you're on the stock turbo I would recommend drag radials but they cost more, it's up to you.

This size for Drag Radials is similar to the slicks in metric is comes out to 205/50-15. Your options there are Hoosier, Nitto NT555R & Mickey Thompson

Also run the car down to 1/4 tank that will save some weight. Also try an E tune because Russ ran 98 mph in his own FiST stock everything but his tune on slicks.

'16 FiST
CP-e rear mount
Cobb Stage 1 OTS 93 tune
20psi in the factory Bridgestone RE050A's
Full weight, nothing removed, half tank of gas

What size slicks is everyone running? I got a spare set of 10 hole mustang wheels kicking around I could out to use. Thinking about slicks, e40 stratified tune, and an intercooler. IC will come first, these 40-50 degree above ambient temps are pretty dumb. It was about 85 degrees on the first run, then about 70 by the last run. 130-115 degree charge temps.
What is the elevation at the track you ran on?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
You have two choices of slicks. Personally I use M&H but both M&H and Mickey Thompson sell tire that will go with 15" wheels.

The Mickey Thompson is a 22" tall 8" wide slick ET Drag - $205 each

M&H is 23" tall but you can get it 7" wide or 8" wide. Lower power 7" wide is fine.

You can also opt for drag radials. The one negative about slicks and low power is that it takes away from trap speed a bit. You typically run slicks about less than half the psi of normal street tires and that adds drag.

Drag Radials can be aired down aggressively as well but overall work best between 15-20 psi. This will help you maintain your trap speed. While you're on the stock turbo I would recommend drag radials but they cost more, it's up to you.

This size for Drag Radials is similar to the slicks in metric is comes out to 205/50-15. Your options there are Hoosier, Nitto NT555R & Mickey Thompson

Also run the car down to 1/4 tank that will save some weight. Also try an E tune because Russ ran 98 mph in his own FiST stock everything but his tune on slicks.
Radials = broken axles.

masonsturbos

I really wish a moderator would take over this list, I feel it's good for the community to have and now we do not have dhm even remotely around to keep the list updated. Hell, if given the chance, I would keep it updated- I seem to be one of the more active guys doing 1/4 stuff. Admins- moderators-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I really wish a moderator would take over this list, I feel it's good for the community to have and now we do not have dhm even remotely around to keep the list updated. Hell, if given the chance, I would keep it updated- I seem to be one of the more active guys doing 1/4 stuff. Admins- moderators-

+1 on mods taking over.

masonsturbos

Sweet 12s on street tires! Rock on!!#
That is with slicks. Aux fuel may be finished to run once more this year. Seeing others with aux on the x47 trapping at 110, there may be potential for a 12.6. 12.7 seems very doable

LILIKE16ST

That is with slicks. Aux fuel may be finished to run once more this year. Seeing others with aux on the x47 trapping at 110, there may be potential for a 12.6. 12.7 seems very doable

oh ok well that's still very impressive. are you stock weight? you may be able to pull out 200 or more lbs from the car and help you a couple tenths as well. Every little bit helps...