Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broke something...its not pretty...

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #81
What's the length? Need to do this myself. I'm fed up. A week and the damn part isn't in yet. I'm driving the damn thing home. A week for a bolt.

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #83
Another day come and gone. If I were you guys order a spare or find the specs and buy one. Ford apparently doesn't make many and they take forever to get them out

Chris G

If you source a bolt part number please post it or PM it to me I would like to get a better fastener too please. But my car is nowhere to be found at the moment .. lol
I wouldn't mind hearing either. How many bolts are on that side that need replacing - 3?

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #86
No loaner, I didn't push it. Each day they promised it shipped from ford. They can't figure out why it hasn't come yet. Ford doesn't issue tracking numbers.

I'll see if they can get me the part number of the bolt. There seem to be 3 according to the diagram, I sheered the outer most bolt away from the motor.

I notice they seem to have issues getting parts for our car in general. Bent a wheel a while back and it took them 4 tries to get the right one and still couldn't do it. Hopefully you can get the part numbers and be on your way, I don't get up to Northlake often but maybe i'll see you driving around soonish.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Click on the link I posted above for what you need to order, including prices. Its all right there. Not too expensive.

No loaner, I didn't push it. Each day they promised it shipped from ford. They can't figure out why it hasn't come yet. Ford doesn't issue tracking numbers.

I'll see if they can get me the part number of the bolt. There seem to be 3 according to the diagram, I sheered the outer most bolt away from the motor.
Hi boombots,

I want to dive into this deeper. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #90
Got the call, car will be done this afternoon.

I did get a 2015 explorer a few days ago as a loaner. Its dang nice. SOOO big compared to my old 2dr explorer.

Fingers crossed they finish it and all is well. Then off to get new tires!

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #91
All fixed. Actually think it was loose as now my 2nd gear shift is way easier and softer. It used to clunk hard.

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #92
Loose before it snapped that is. I'd like someone else who has a clunky 1st to 2nd to check their bolts...

Chris G

I will check mine over the weekend. I don't have a loud clunk but I'll give it whirl just for fun.

Got the call, car will be done this afternoon.

I did get a 2015 explorer a few days ago as a loaner. Its dang nice. SOOO big compared to my old 2dr explorer.

Fingers crossed they finish it and all is well. Then off to get new tires!
Glad to hear everything's been taken care of! :)

Meagan

Its weird reading this thread because I keep saying my 1-2 shift feels rough compared to all other gears (effortless).

I am new to both the FiST and stick so I really don't know what is normal or not yet. Is there anything I should check that might give me a head start on this issue?

OP
boombots
Thread Starter #97
The mount broke in and it feels the same way. Ive come to the conclusion that if pulling out with medium to quick speed the change to 2nd needs to be done at 3k or more. If going slow around 2k with slow clutch release.