Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS New Short Shift Kit Released

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI...

New for 2014-2015 Ford Fiesta ST - FSWERKS Short Shift Kit. Now taking preorders. The first 10 people to pre-order online will receive a $10 Gift Card!

https://www.facebook.com/fswerks/ph...75003267960/10152956557202961/?type=1&theater

http://www.fswerks.com/products/fswerks-short-shift-kit-ford-fiesta-st-2014-2015

FSW short shift Adapter.jpg
Introducing the new FSWERKS Short Shift Kit. Reduce your stock shift throws with two different positions, ranging from 15% or 25%. Offering 2-positions truly allows the user to fine tune their shift throws. Installation is a breeze since the stock shift weight doesn't need to be removed, this saves time and simplifies the installation process.

• Made from CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum with engraved FSWERKS logo
  • All hardware is 100% stainless steel including the ball stud
  • 2-position adjustable between (15% or 25%) reduction
  • Anodized black finish
  • Completely reversible
  • Installs in approx. 15 minutes
  • Supplied with detailed instructions and Loctite

fs142-shift-points_grande.jpg

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn kinda tempting. I have the boomba one but this one is cheaper and could save 10 bucks pre-ordering. Hmmm...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I remembered a year ago... I ordered my AP3 from FSwerks. I ordered it because they sold it to me with a free "E-tune" when I bought it from them ( vs buying it from someone else that included the drop in filter free ). After I received my AP3, I received no E-tune or even an apology email or PM or anything from FSwerks regarding the Etune ( or lack there of ). I understood their tuner kinda bailed on them, but that doesn't mean you leave me with a promise un-for-filled of even worse, ignore it like it didn't happen.

I didn't ignore it. I didn't forget it. Boomba has great customer service.

Knowing all I know now about the 1.6L ecoboost, I've made my way just fine, but its more the point, and I'm not the only one this happened to. I later spend $50 on a drop in filter that I could have gotten for free had I bought my AP3 directly for cobb.

That's my view on FSwerks and why I'd buy one from Boomba.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #4
Damn kinda tempting. I have the boomba one but this one is cheaper and could save 10 bucks pre-ordering. Hmmm...
I have the Boomba's short shift adapter as well and I'm very pleased with it...I just saw this was released today by FSW and posted it for anyone whom might be interested....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #6
And in all fairness I know there are plenty of folks here on our forum that have also purchased FSW exhaust systems, Triple R Splitters, and many other parts through FSW who seem to be very pleased their quality and service...

Sorry to hear about this one past issue that SS mentions....First time I've heard of this myself....

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
They have been around, and I wish them the best, but isn't this the 3rd shifter of this type?
Either way, just sharing my experience :)
Maybe come up with some original parts and i may give them a second chance.

I remembered a year ago... I ordered my AP3 from FSwerks. I ordered it because they sold it to me with a free "E-tune" when I bought it from them ( vs buying it from someone else that included the drop in filter free ). After I received my AP3, I received no E-tune or even an apology email or PM or anything from FSwerks regarding the Etune ( or lack there of ). I understood their tuner kinda bailed on them, but that doesn't mean you leave me with a promise un-for-filled of even worse, ignore it like it didn't happen.

I didn't ignore it. I didn't forget it. Boomba has great customer service.

Knowing all I know now about the 1.6L ecoboost, I've made my way just fine, but its more the point, and I'm not the only one this happened to. I later spend $50 on a drop in filter that I could have gotten for free had I bought my AP3 directly for cobb.

That's my view on FSwerks and why I'd buy one from Boomba.
Well at least you got an apology email....i got nothing

Price it's still tempting though

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I did the exact same thing as SS and ended up selling the AP at a loss and getting one from Mountune as that is where the tuner guy went.
I saw a thing later on off a Fost site or Facebook saying to bad so sad see ya, No tunes for You.. I closed the book on them after that. not even a personal Dear john email..

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #10
I did the exact same thing as SS and ended up selling the AP at a loss and getting one from Mountune as that is where the tuner guy went.
I saw a thing later on off a Fost site or Facebook saying to bad so sad see ya, No tunes for You.. I closed the book on them after that. not even a personal Dear john email..
Ouch...that does suck!

Was that Randy that left FSWERKs to go to Mountune?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup pretty much but it was so long ago and he never said much about it other than what I got was it wasn't his first choice to move.. but it matters not FS is back in the game lets hope..

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #12
Yup pretty much but it was so long ago and he never said much about it other than what I got was it wasn't his first choice to move.. but it matters not FS is back in the game lets hope..
Yeah that's what I thought...must have been quite awhile ago..thanks for the back story...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Im also on that boat who bought a Cobb AP with the FSwerks Etune promise instead of the AP directly from Cobb with Cobb filter for $509 at that time even tho it was a mistake by cobb but they honored the price for those who ordered. I called FSwerks a couple months ago about the etune promise because it has been over a year already and he basically said they didnt promise an etune and theres nothing that can be done about it.

I was just about to order this short shifter till I read this thread and it just made me a little angry so I think im gonna pass. A sincere sorry would have made things ok with me but he just sounded like 0 fucks were given over the phone.

Installed Fsworks shift adapter and bushings this weekend at 13000 miles it feels great shorter and crisper but I bumped a small breather cap on the top of the trans and it snapped its held in with four little clips and three fell in the trans and are probably in the filter or ground up in my fresh motul I have no idea what part it is and will replace it with a breather filter also my MAS sheared the little bump that holds it on clean off even though I had the clip disengaged not my first time taking it off either and now it's wired on so be careful removing your MAS

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'll never buy anything FS works ever... I was one or the people that bought an AP3 from them for the free E-tune, instead of from cobb with a free green filter. So I later had to buy the filter, and they completely didn't give a crap or make an effort to make up for the fact they never gave anyone a tune with there AP3.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'll never buy anything FS works ever... I was one or the people that bought an AP3 from them for the free E-tune, instead of from cobb with a free green filter. So I later had to buy the filter, and they completely didn't give a crap or make an effort to make up for the fact they never gave anyone a tune with there AP3.
I certainly can understand your fustration. I think part of the problem is that Randy left (or was in the process of leaving) FSWERKs and he was their in house Pro tuner. I don't know the actual circumstances surrounding that situation (if there is any blame to be had). You cannot provide a free e-tune if the only employee who is qualified to do that work leaves or gets fired. If so that "free" e-tune might not quite end up as you thought it would. [8]

At least they could have sent you a personal message with some coupon or credit, an apology or some voucher... but.... <sigh> a map (programming) is not really a tangible thing....

With that said, the FSWERKs short shift kit is *MUCH* better than any of the other ones out there in my honest opinion. It's also *MUCH* cheaper and is the easiest to install by far. It's been dead, solid, perfect and took all of 10 minutes to install.

Installed mine today along with their Tans/shifter bushings and it is killer. Much more solid/short and crisp

Waterfan

Happy FSWerks Short Shifter customer checking in...

Install was a breeze, especially with 3/8" cordless drill, allen sockets and LOOOOONG drive extension.

I've been looking at this kit myself. Can any of you who have this installed, pipe in as to whether it helps reduce the frequency / chance of that scary 2nd into 1st shift that seems to be happening to some people when they are trying to hit third quickly?