Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM available?

Original J-Pat

Bumping an old thread so i remember to post later about my comparison between my cobb mount (currently installed) and my cpe that i am going to replace it with. I do dd the car so im looking for performance and comfort, i will compare both once i get the cpe in, hopefully tonight! and then im going to sell which i like less lol
looking forward to what you think I'm not liking my cobb rmm.

TUX15ST

Yeah to be honestly i really dont notice any extra vibes from the cobb over stock, it actually seems smoothly to me especially at take off which is my only worry about going to the cpe

my cobb rmm is flawless. Ford should have used it to begin with. I dont notice any nvh at idle with the a/c on unless i think about it. and it does what its supposed to.

Zissou

I am in the market for a RMM upgrade. I am having a hard time deciding between Cobb, Boomba and Mountune. Anyone willing to offer their opinion on this matter?
I've owned both the Cobb and Boomba and wrote a piece on it. Both have their pros and cons. I'm very happy with my Cobb RMM.

Here ya go!
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7995-Cobb-and-Boomba-RMM-Review

The Mountune is supposed to be like the Cobb, but maybe just a tad softer.

TUX15ST

Yeah ive felt the boomba mounts are too aggressive though so this doesnt surprise me , i expect the cpe to be somewhere between the cobb and the boomba

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
well got the cpe in, hate it will be going back to the cobb tomorrow and posting the cpe for sale lol
Does the whole car shake violently and rattle BADLY at idle, even with the air off, or is it just a slightly worse vibe than the factory and COBB RMMs?

TUX15ST

Does the whole car shake violently and rattle BADLY at idle, even with the air off, or is it just a slightly worse vibe than the factory and COBB RMMs?
Well i actually got a chance to drive on it this morning, its not bad at all at idle, its really just the initial take off in first that sucks, and because i drive normal and dont over rev when taking off this bothers me, plus i sit in a lot of traffic. It feels great otherwise, just not worth it for me

I love my Boomba, to me its a very slight vibration that actually makes the car feel more aggressive. I am biased though, I also have a full poly SVTF.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well i actually got a chance to drive on it this morning, its not bad at all at idle, its really just the initial take off in first that sucks, and because i drive normal and dont over rev when taking off this bothers me, plus i sit in a lot of traffic. It feels great otherwise, just not worth it for me
OK, thanks. [thumb]

I guess I will just have to install mine and see if it is too much for me to deal with on a daily basis.

I came from a full poly motor/trans mounted manual LS1 f body with a loud/high NVH, 3.5" exhaust system, and a teeth cracking (especially on OUR roads in this area!) road race type suspension on it, so maybe I will be able to handle the CP-E RMM. [dunno]

TUX15ST

yeah i mean its not so bad, just that initial take off gets me otherwise id keep it. it feel great everywhere else

If anyone is looking for a cobb style of performance/comfort, but lower price, check out the powerflex inserts. But a press helps a lot for removal of the factory bushing. I bought a used stock one (for $25) to press out and install the powerflex bushing. Seems to be the same as a cobb for less bling and $.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Just installed a Cobb RMM, while I like the feeling while driving, the vibrations started to hurt my ears. It sounds weird, but the first startup was almost unbearable, the actual vibration feel wasn't too bad, but the noise was pulsating and my ears hurt, lol.

Going to give it some time to break in and see if I can live with it, seeing as I do mostly city driving.