Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM available?

TUX15ST

Just installed a Cobb RMM, while I like the feeling while driving, the vibrations started to hurt my ears. It sounds weird, but the first startup was almost unbearable, the actual vibration feel wasn't too bad, but the noise was pulsating and my ears hurt, lol.

Going to give it some time to break in and see if I can live with it, seeing as I do mostly city driving.
really? I cant even barely tell the difference between my stock mount and my cobb mount as far as vibs, I did get it used so maybe it gets a lot better after its broken in but if you feel this way about cobb, never try the CPE or Boomba!

really? I cant even barely tell the difference between my stock mount and my cobb mount as far as vibs, I did get it used so maybe it gets a lot better after its broken in but if you feel this way about cobb, never try the CPE or Boomba!
It really only does it during a cold start, once I start driving around the vibrations aren't that bad, but it was weird.

Just a quick update on the Cobb RMM. Either I got used to the vibrations or the rmm started to wear in because I can hardly tell anymore. Only time it vibrates noticeably is in the morning and at idle, but then it settles while driving. Happy with it.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Just a quick update on the Cobb RMM. Either I got used to the vibrations or the rmm started to wear in because I can hardly tell anymore. Only time it vibrates noticeably is in the morning and at idle, but then it settles while driving. Happy with it.
Most rmm and even the car do break in. Yes you will also get use to it but to see it you are use to it or the vibrations are lower place a half full bottle of water in the cup holder and see how much the water vibrates. I for one with the MOUNTUNE can say it's real smooth but when the AC is on I can feel it when stopped but eliminated when driving.

LT Berzerker

Honestly, your immediate reaction to the boomba RMM will be "dear God what have I done!!!" The grip on acceleration is great, and after a few thousand miles it breaks in (the first 3k will be brutal)... After about an oil change interval it's broken in (little rough/luggy below 2k rpm), after about 10k miles it's only luggy below 1500rpm, and at 40k miles on mine it looks in great shape no visible wear...firm and the car still hooks on acceleration without much lugging noticable at all and almost no vibration at idle :) very pleased overall :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just in case I didnt post something about the cpe mount... i have 2200 or so miles on it (2900 on my car) nvh happens around 8-900 rpm to 1300 rpm.. it is smooth as silk everywhere else.

The nvh is noticable when i am backing our of my driveway, side mirror vibrates... and in traffic... but it isnt a violent thing.. just a bit more buzzing. going to add the other two ttr solid mounts soon.. so i guess I'll have tons of nvh.

I was watching the mountune install video and they show that it is required to drill the bracket that you install the mount to. How much do you drill? I would guess that this is explained in the instructions that come with the mount?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I was watching the mountune install video and they show that it is required to drill the bracket that you install the mount to. How much do you drill? I would guess that this is explained in the instructions that come with the mount?
No need to drill. Just give the bracket a solid hit with a dead blow hammer and it will come off. That is what is what I did when I installed the Mountune rmm.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
the instructions are very clear and it's super easy

there are mounts that do not require any modification such as the cp-e, AWR, etc....
direct bolt in no drill required and you don't have to use the OEM stell bracket either

the instructions are very clear and it's super easy

there are mounts that do not require any modification such as the cp-e, AWR, etc....
direct bolt in no drill required and you don't have to use the OEM stell bracket either
Is that AWR mount one you make? I've never seen it before.

I don't make it, just sell them - but a good buddy of mine owns AWR and can say you won't be disappointed!
I was right now looking at the AWR on your website and was intrigued. It's much cheaper than the others and comes in three different durometer rating. I had previously decided to go with CP-e after some reading, but it seems that this one would do the job for much cheaper.

Can you tell me how does it compare to the other mounts?

Zormecteon

another method is to use a hammer and chisel to straighten out the lip that hold the bracket together, put the mountune part on then bend the flair back.

FYI, I just ordered a Mountune RMM and it came with two small packs of grease. They must be aware of the squeaking issue, although it isn't described in the installation guide. Also, the bushings are apparently black now instead of yellow.

I emailed mountune and they replied
"Hello,
Thank you for your email. You can pull the mount apart and put the grease on the polyurethane bushing part. The mount can sometime become loud."

FYI, I just ordered a Mountune RMM and it came with two small packs of grease. They must be aware of the squeaking issue, although it isn't described in the installation guide. Also, the bushings are apparently black now instead of yellow.

I emailed mountune and they replied
"Hello,
Thank you for your email. You can pull the mount apart and put the grease on the polyurethane bushing part. The mount can sometime become loud."

This is an interesting development. I installed my Mountune RMM last year and it makes a lot of racket.

So after 50k miles with the Cobb rmm, I'm getting some clunking upon take off from a stop. I'll be taking my Cobb rmm off and taking a look at it. Does anyone known the lifespan of these rmms? I'm looking into AWR and CPE. Thanks ahead of time.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
So after 50k miles with the Cobb rmm, I'm getting some clunking upon take off from a stop. I'll be taking my Cobb rmm off and taking a look at it. Does anyone known the lifespan of these rmms? I'm looking into AWR and CPE. Thanks ahead of time.
Take a look through our site
We have

AWR (3 bushing durometers available)
cp-e
revo (I'm currently using this mount in our shop car)
and the newest AET VooDoo
http://www.whooshmotorsports.com
tons of options to suit your needs. I would gladly discuss all these options with you
ron@whooshmotorsports.com
610-334-2158

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Heat, mechanical wear ('cold forming'), and ANY oil/grease/petrochemicals (besides that clear Energy Suspensions type, 'poly safe' grease in the pic above) which get on the RMM WILL go towards deteriorating the poly bushings, especially over that many miles.
YES, poly will last longer/hold up better to all of the above than almost any rubber compound (including EPDM), but it also WILL 'cold form' over time.