Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DIY Bumper Plugs

So after removing my front license plate holder, I found the holes to be extremely difficult to look at. I found that bumperplugs.com were selling plugs for $27 plus S/H. A little overpriced IMO, so I decided to make some of my own plugs. Excuse the nasty dirt rotted car, we got some snow last night that I drove in.

1. I found some trim retainers at O'Reilly's that were a little large but was fine as I could trim to size. Then I got some touch up paint that would coincide somewhat with my factory paint.

2. Next I worked to trim the retainers down as they were too large to plug those nasty holes.

3. Once done I poked some holes in a letter mailer and plugged my retainers in there. I did 3 just in case I screwed something up. Which benefited in the end as one had paint chips after trying to plug up the bumper.

4. Paint away and let dry. You can purchase and use a clear coat if you'd like, I didn't.

5. Now to install the plugs. If you found that you trimmed your retainers too much you can use tape to thread them back up to size and hold them in place. I use electrical tape and it worked quite well. Enjoy!

I got some bondo to cover up the holes, sanded it down so it is flush with the bumper and painted over it.

I did the same but skipped the paint, fairly hard to see the matte on my Tux Black so I'm fine on it. Most people are staring at the rear hatch anyways. [loveboost]

SICKESSS-ST

I did the same thing [MENTION=3409]InsTwin[/MENTION] did. Just bought some plugs at the auto parts store for $2.99 and slapped them on, it goes well with the theme of my car I think.

Ford Community Posts