Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Great Day at the Track - 14.5 NO MODS

Ran At Mid Michigan MotorPlex in Stanton Michigan today. Conditions were perfect. Partly sunny, cool (56-63 deg.) and a tail wind. Since it was a Sunday T&T there were not many participants. Mid-Mich. always does a great job with the track prep and it got stickier as the day went on. I took 3 passes, let it cool and took 3 more. My 2015 Fiesta ST is completely stock as it came from the dealer. It is my daily driver and had 14,900 miles when I got to the track. This is my second track day with this car. I am #M2022. All passes were against my friends Veloster Turbo #M2021. He has an upgraded ECU and a cat-back.

The car was still full of crap including the Child seat for the 1st 3 passes.

1st pass. (the tower mixed up the numbers) The Veloster lost traction. I have a good pass but I red-lighted.
2nd pass. Good light, good 60' and I run my best ever pass in the car (14.726).....but get slaughtered by my buddies stupid Veloster
3rd pass. Veloster loses traction again, but my horrible R/T cost me the win, Lost of wheel hop in 1st and 2nd, but the car is making power.

I change the tire pressures to 29 front 42 rear, clean out the car (no baby seat or spare) and let it cool for an hour before the next 3 passes.

4th pass. Bad launch but the car is flying at the end of the track (97.02mph). Veloster red-lights, I win one finally
5th pass. I nail the launch perfectly, hit every shift perfect and get rewarded with an amazing pass of 14.582 @ 96.5. Plus my buddy loses traction again, another win.
6th pass. My favorite pass of the day. Dead even out of the gate and through the 60' then he misses a shift. I cut another 14.5 (barely).

Did not realize until I got home that we tied 3-3.

This car continues to amaze me with how good it is right from the factory. I was happy when I got the 14.7, the back to back 14.5s blew me away. I love this car!
scan0001.jpg scan0002.jpg

fST

That's awesome! Is this about as fast as the FiST will go bone stock? I've never seen proof of a faster FiST stock. My guess is that this is one of the best runs for a stock FiST. Is that correct?

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
That's awesome! Is this about as fast as the FiST will go bone stock? I've never seen proof of a faster FiST stock. My guess is that this is one of the best runs for a stock FiST. Is that correct?
I had run 14.833 with 4500 miles on the car last fall and that was the fastest time slip I had seen. I have read guys claim 14.7s on various forums, but had not seen any backup. I have read multiple posts claim that based on trap speed this car could run mid 14s (they were right). I just got lucky and had perfect conditions...and didn't screw it up.

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Congrats. Reading your write up sure conveys the fun you had.
My friend with the Veloster and I have been drag racing cars motorcycles and snowmobiles against each other since the late 90's. To take 3 wins against his faster car makes it even sweeter.