Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Ford Fiesta ST 8-month review

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
It has been 8 months since getting my ST, so here is short review on how the car has been performing. This was my first full winter with a Fiesta ST. This is also the most I have ever driven a ST on snow tires since the Fiesta Movement car only ran snow tires for a few weeks before it went back to Ford.

Enjoy!
[video=youtube;_dSfl3mC7mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dSfl3mC7mk[/video]

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
The ST has been a blast to drive in the winter! When conditions were really bad, I changed over to Sport mode and enjoyed the drive. Being in traffic isn't fun, but the side roads in which I could set up for a corner, left foot brake to kick the back end out, and then back on the power made this past winter more enjoyable. With enough practice, I was able to use less of the hand brake and more of my left foot. On my morning commute, I have an off-ramp that has a 3rd gear right turn, drops downhill to slight left followed by (if the light is green) a decreasing radius right turn that tightens at the apex and then opens to a gradual right. I follow that into a gradual left and then a tight left. When conditions are right, I can string all of the corners together with the back end stepping out with left foot braking. I try for a pendulum turn at the last tight left, but only get it to work about 1 out of every 5 attempts. I get out of my car feeling like I just completed a stage at Monte Carlo. The exhaust note interrupted by the by pass valve upon letting off the throttle while looking out the side window and counter steering is some of the most fun you can have in a car. I could never get that to happen with my 2011 Fiesta thanks to a highly intrusive ESC/TC system and very limited brake/throttle overlap. The ST is just vastly more fun.

Two years ago I drove a prototype Fiesta ST in Brazil at the X Games and fell in love with the car. It really was exactly the car I had dreamed it to be. The sounds, the handling, the looks, the way I fit the car was all perfect. I have driven Saleen's, Shelby's, Vipers, and BMW's and none of them were as addicting as the Fiesta ST prototype was. I get out of my ST every day and know it is exactly the car I have wanted for over a decade.

OP
B

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Bryan, very cool. I'll have mine in its first winter in central PA. Not much different than Michigan. Just saw this video as well. Felt appropriate to share! : https://youtu.be/kM1nkR8pkX4
With less snow, my time at LSPR with the Fiesta Movement ST wasn't too far from what Automobile did at 100 Acre Wood. Of course, any video footage from such an event would be dangerous if released, so it is well hidden. It really is amazing how the good the ST is and everything that it can do. Gravel, snow, ice, snow on gravel, tarmac, canyon roads, road courses, you name it and the ST seems to love it. When conditions are just right, the ST in the snow is some of the most fun you can have in a car.