Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is this, a Fiesta RST? TB Traction/Torsion bars installed.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am running a mounted $70 or so battery, 4 gauge audio power cable that was lighter than expected, took out the battery up front and all the brackets, etc...it helps a huge amount and not much cost. I plan to get an Li battery soon, more output and less weight but what I have now is working great.

You can save a decent bit of weight leaving off the engine cover, removing the engine install hooks, different bolts in some places, misc brackets removed, and more but I forget what they are.

Attention to the little details can add up significantly is you do this as a whole car approach, it has always been my focus in 47 years of car fun and bicycles, I built the lightest weight full suspension mountain bike 15 years ago, 20.4lbs!

Springs need to be balanced for all aspects as well as ride comfort but shocks can be better to tuned to help with how fast the weight transfers front to rear, if you have double or triple adjustable ones that is far easier to get it right if you know what you are doing, if not....I have to get help with those things as just do not have the skill it takes, I am more of loose cannon driver, quick, could be much better, just do the best I can.

As in all things, balance is the key, not much can work right if not in balance expect things designed to not be so.

And, smooth inputs are almost always make for a faster car but not always, sometimes you have to upset things to get done what you want it to do.

This thread has caused me to spend money. Oh well. TBP had a great deal on their "stage one" package until March 1st. $153 shipped for a traction and torsion bar, can't beat that.

jayrod1980

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on this but I have MAP hard charge pipes. This one is more desirable for me because it's lower profile than the Pierce. Anyone have charge pipes that aren't mountune?

jayrod1980

I'm going to pull the trigger on the traction bar and the crossmember brace as soon as I finish my taxes. I'm going to get the Pierce torsion bar, but I like how much lower profile this stuff is. Danny, the owner of TB said he thinks the MAP charge pipe will clear and I believe that's more in the way than the ATP, but either way, he offered a full refund if it doesn't fit.

MPA

It looks like they change the traction bar from a slip fit to full cups, so I'd assume the control arm bolt has to come out? Interested in seeing how hard the install is.

Butterybunz

Received my Traction and Torsion bars. Here are a couple initial impressions:
1. The style of the traction bar was changed to full cups versus slip-on. I wasn't too happy about this since it won't be a 5 minute install now.
2. There's a really poor quality TB Performance Products sticker on the products that does not come off easily and just tears. Manufacturer needs to invest in real vinyl stickers or not put any sticker on the item.
3. No installation instructions provided.
4. Chips in the paint at various spots from shipping. Packaging could have been much better.

Bluedrank

That's bad news on multiple fronts. Harder install +no instructions. That combination should push most of us away from buying what is supposed to be a decent product.

Butterybunz

That's bad news on multiple fronts. Harder install +no instructions. That combination should push most of us away from buying what is supposed to be a decent product.
Does anyone have any advice on install? Anything special that needs to be done now?

jayrod1980

Does anyone have any advice on install? Anything special that needs to be done now?
If you go to the Pierce threads those have some helpful information. I think part of the key is doing one side at a time, and only threading the bolts at that point, not tightening them. I read to tighten you want to lower your car on one side until it's almost or is sitting where it would be if the car were flat (obviously unless you have a lift you cant tighten the bolts with the car completely on the floor... no room). Then you torque the bolt down, and then do the same for the other side. It you torque them down lifted (arms hanging), the arms will have strain on them all the time. I'm not sure how tight you need to torque them though.

For the torsion bar, again I think you need to set the washers in place and thread it lightly on one side, then the other, and then tighten a few turns on each side until they are fully snugged and the bar is seated against the torsion beam. This is just info I've picked up on the forum. Someone that has the Pierce setup for the front bar would be of better help because now that the cups aren't slip on, you need to fully remove the bolt. This DOES make the design stronger though.

Did yours come in black or purple? I'm not really interested in purple. Also, can you take a picture of your car underneath? I'd like to see how the ATP charge pipe comes down. I have MAPerformance charge pipes and they are a full 2.5 inch 304SS the entire way up to the coupler at the turbo inlet. I'm trying to find people with similar pipes so that I know the bar clears. The TB bar interests me because of the price, but it's also a bit lower profile and stealth than the Pierce tube bars. Can you take a picture... and does it look like it will clear?

jayrod1980

My pipes... It's hard to tell but it only hangs about a half or inch below those arms and starts to tuck up after the bend. Other than hanging low, I worry that the angle of the brace isn't angled down enough to clear my pipe. I was offered free shipping back and a refund if it doesn't work out, but I'd hate to waste TB and my own time.

MPA

Received my Traction and Torsion bars. Here are a couple initial impressions:
1. The style of the traction bar was changed to full cups versus slip-on. I wasn't too happy about this since it won't be a 5 minute install now.
I e-mailed them yesterday to see what the install difference was. This is what I got back:

Hey there!
Yes sir i changed the cup design from slip fit to full cup due to the request of so many customers. It has increased the torsional strength of the bar butttt that did come at a cost of a little extra labor. The bolts must be completely removed now rather than loosened. Fortunately the A arms stay in place so its super easy and plug and play. One of my local guys told me it was the easiest mod hes done :) if you have any questions or need any help at all im always right here by my email so dont even hesitate :)

Danny Check
Owner at TB Performance Products
Tbperformanceproducts.com

I installed my traction Friday over my lunch break, took me 30mins to do. Maybe faster I didn't keep locking myself out of the darn wash bay cause the door autolocks if its slammed. Air gun is a MUST unless you're a damn hulk.

The bar does clear my COBB charge pipe so if your wondering on clearance with that, torque your bolts to 110lbs.

Cornering feels slightly improved but I wanted to test the wheel hop cure it advertises soooooo.

[/URL][/IMG]

Took it to the best place to test it out.... I give it a thumbs up for its wheel hop issue. I stay planted coming outta the hole!

Butterybunz

I e-mailed them yesterday to see what the install difference was. This is what I got back:

Hey there!
Yes sir i changed the cup design from slip fit to full cup due to the request of so many customers. It has increased the torsional strength of the bar butttt that did come at a cost of a little extra labor. The bolts must be completely removed now rather than loosened. Fortunately the A arms stay in place so its super easy and plug and play. One of my local guys told me it was the easiest mod hes done :) if you have any questions or need any help at all im always right here by my email so dont even hesitate :)

Danny Check
Owner at TB Performance Products
Tbperformanceproducts.com
I installed my traction Friday over my lunch break, took me 30mins to do. Maybe faster I didn't keep locking myself out of the darn wash bay cause the door autolocks if its slammed. Air gun is a MUST unless you're a damn hulk.

The bar does clear my COBB charge pipe so if your wondering on clearance with that, torque your bolts to 110lbs.
So this can be installed when the car is on jackstands? It won't mess things up with the wheels hanging down?

jayrod1980

I think you need to bring one side down at a time once you have the bolts threaded. You need the arm position close to how it would be sitting so that the bolt doesn't have constant tension on it when sitting flat.

So this can be installed when the car is on jackstands? It won't mess things up with the wheels hanging down?
I got everything tightend while on jackstands, take the charge pipe out or youll have fun doing the passanger side. I put blocks under my wheels and lowered it to give me clearance to torque them.