Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Civic Type-R is going to be priced around the $50,000

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
That's still much more expensive than the Focus RS.
The latest Honda Civic Type-R is truly a stunning sports hatch to own. Performance lovers will appreciate the fact that the Civic Type-R is currently the fastest FWD vehicle in history.

While the car has already been released in Europe, it has yet to make an entry in the North American market. If it does however, many are wondering on how much is needed to purchase the Honda Civic Type-R?

Honda has yet to highlight anything on this but an industry analyst hints that the Civic Type-R is going to be priced in between $70,000 and $80,000. In other words, the sports hatch is not going to be cheap or affordable at all.

However, if Honda is to apply the standard exchange rates from Euro to USD, then the Civic Type-R will look to retail around the $50,000 mark.

At the moment, there is no way to tell for sure but all will be revealed once Honda announces on the Civic Type-R entry in the US market. We personally can't wait for that to happen.
Original Article: http://motoringcrunch.com/news/2015-honda-civic-type-r-valuation-in-north-america/10011727/

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Pricey lil' devil...

Makes you wonder where the Focus RS MSRP will be offered at by time of release?

lol I really don't believe that. The Mercedes CLA 45 is only $48,000. Charging more for a Honda Civic is bat shit insane.

Ridiculous, former Honda driver here and I will never understand how they lost their way. $50k for a Civic? I don't care how good it is, it's still a Civic. Whatever happened to fun and affordable? Oh that's right, FORD has that on lock right now[cool]

FistSt215

Doubt it will be 50k . I admit as soon as I found out that's coming to America I was gonna jump ship, but I do see it being 35k-40k . Which is way to much for a fwd turbocharged car. That thing better be awd and I think all the Honda fan boys will stay away if it cost that much .

The source article is a waste as its strictly speculation. Honda has yet to announce the price of the car in North America.

TheStig

Ridiculous, former Honda driver here and I will never understand how they lost their way. $50k for a Civic? I don't care how good it is, it's still a Civic. Whatever happened to fun and affordable? Oh that's right, FORD has that on lock right now[cool]
They are pricing it like used Honda's on craigslist.

"1996 Honda Civic EX, slammed on offsets, D series vtak, 268k miles, salvage title due to theft, AC works needs recharged. 6,500$ FIRM"

This is how Honda got their pricing plan.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
They are pricing it like used Honda's on craigslist.

"1996 Honda Civic EX, slammed on offsets, D series vtak, 268k miles, salvage title due to theft, AC works needs recharged. 6,500$ FIRM"

This is how Honda got their pricing plan.
Lmao. You forgot "brand new rota slip-streams, but needs tires".