Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25272829303132333435
178 Likes

Thread: Hijinx' Shun Mediocrity Build

Senior Member 279 Rep Points pelotonracer2's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    NRH
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    The Fiesta is almost paid off (yes I’m keeping it), so I did a thing.

2012 MK6 GTI w/ DSG, just shy of 50k miles. First round will be Cobb AP, cleaning valves, replacing motor and trans oil, spark plugs and coil packs, and engine mounts.
    I've always loved the GTI's and even owned one briefly (a 2007). Have any mod plans for it yet besides the maintenance ones stated?
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta ST: Cobb AccessPort V3, Tune+ 93/E30 maps, Cobb exhaust, Cobb DP, Cobb I/C, Cobb charge pipes, Cobb intake, NGK spark plugs, FSWERKs qs kit, Cobb RMM, Cobb springs, Cobb roll bars, 17 x 8 ROTA Titan wheels, 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza ZII, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors, gel Ford badges, Mustang GT shift knob, EcoBeast badge, Maxton Design hood vents, wing extension, side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters, euro headlights w/LEDs, Sylvania ZXE bulbs H7s, Velossa big mouth and rear diffusers

Member 41 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Chesapeake
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fiesta is almost paid off (yes I’m keeping it), so I did a thing.

2012 MK6 GTI w/ DSG, just shy of 50k miles. First round will be Cobb AP, cleaning valves, replacing motor and trans oil, spark plugs and coil packs, and engine mounts.
    I had a 2010 MK6 GTI and a 2012 CC R-Line DSG. Both cars were great. The only headache about the DSG is the 40k service intervals, the parts alone are just ridiculously expensive for what it is, but it's a great transmission. When you get the coil packs, grab the Audi R8 Red Tops, they are much better and last a lot longer.

Interesting on the Cobb AP. I never really ran into too many people running them, most ran APR or Unitronic. Simple DV upgrade, downpipe and a drop in filter and a stage 2 flash and the car woke up!

Either way, solid purchase, it's definitely a good amount of car for the money!

Senior Member 1306 Rep Points Hijinx's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue2turbo View Post
    I had a 2010 MK6 GTI and a 2012 CC R-Line DSG. Both cars were great. The only headache about the DSG is the 40k service intervals, the parts alone are just ridiculously expensive for what it is, but it's a great transmission. When you get the coil packs, grab the Audi R8 Red Tops, they are much better and last a lot longer.

Interesting on the Cobb AP. I never really ran into too many people running them, most ran APR or Unitronic. Simple DV upgrade, downpipe and a drop in filter and a stage 2 flash and the car woke up!

Either way, solid purchase, it's definitely a good amount of car for the money!
    Cobb is relatively new to VW scene. I prefer the versatility that Cobb offers as opposed to fixed guidelines/“stages” and being locked to prescribed parts or digging way deep for travel to a location and tuning on a dyno. I’m still researching, but it’s really looking like Cobb for me.

I’m definitely planning on the R8 red tops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

Medals
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pelotonracer2 View Post
    I've always loved the GTI's and even owned one briefly (a 2007). Have any mod plans for it yet besides the maintenance ones stated?
    Nothing in stone yet. I know I don’t want to do a hybrid or K04, but deciding on just what I’ll do is a distant thought. I do, however, have a wishlist full of things at Integrated Engineering.

The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

Member 41 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Chesapeake
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing in stone yet. I know I don’t want to do a hybrid or K04, but deciding on just what I’ll do is a distant thought. I do, however, have a wishlist full of things at Integrated Engineering.

That's the other beauty, VWVortex is littered with used parts too that are cheap and readily available. So many people mod these and then part out frequently.

Senior Member 239 Rep Points WeTheNorth's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    WestCoast
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve seen it, but I’m not impressed. Im especially soured on hybrids. I’m not impressed by the K04 either. Besides everyone goes those routes, and I like the less beaten paths.
    Of course, that is why you’re respected in this community. Hopefully you’ll share some of the VW on here so we can see what you do with it.

Good to still see you kicking on here.

Medals
    City
    Fairview Heights
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeTheNorth View Post
    Of course, that is why you’re respected in this community. Hopefully you’ll share some of the VW on here so we can see what you do with it.

Good to still see you kicking on here.

I was... But, I can’t deal with all the know-it-all’s, agendas and false info that flys around this forum on a daily basis. So, I’ll just go back to keeping quiet and checking in occasionally.

The Most Powerful FiST

What's that? Facts.

Can you prove me wrong?

Senior Member 811 Rep Points dyn085's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Vancouver
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was... But, I can’t deal with all the know-it-all’s, agendas and false info that flys around this forum on a daily basis. So, I’ll just go back to keeping quiet and checking in occasionally.

Welcome to the dark side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25272829303132333435