Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #61
I'll be there first thing Saturday morning. I want to see some drag racing. lolz
If my car were being trailered in, I'd run it. But since it's not, I don't want to race it 4.5 hours away from home. I have to be at work Sunday night, so I'll have to cut out at the end of the day. But I'll be there Friday night and all of Saturday!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
If my car were being trailered in, I'd run it. But since it's not, I don't want to race it 4.5 hours away from home. I have to be at work Sunday night, so I'll have to cut out at the end of the day. But I'll be there Friday night and all of Saturday!
Yeah, me too. I have to drive 6-1/2 hours to get there so no racing for me either. [:p] I'm just going to spectate.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yeah, me too. I have to drive 6-1/2 hours to get there so no racing for me either. [:p] I'm just going to spectate.
The drive paid off Guys congrats on the Awards . :)

Congrats! Glad to see the forums were well represented this year and shows for it in bringing home the awards!

You guys have fun and have a safe drive home.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #66
Congrats! Glad to see the forums were well represented this year and shows for it in bringing home the awards!

Thanks! I made it home safely in the wee hours. I would've stayed but I work today. Totally worth it, though.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The drive paid off Guys congrats on the Awards . :)
Thanks. I was not expecting anything. There were alot of super clean Fiesta STs and Focus STs there. I'm honored that I got best of class plaque and best of event trophy. It was nice meeting you and your better half. [:)]

Next year I think we'll plan on putting the car through the paces. I get a bit nervous flogging any car I just drove nearly 500 miles and must drive back.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

Thanks. My wife and I just got home about an hour ago. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone that came out. It was fun... but now I have a serious red neck sunburn to go along with my raccoon eyes. hahaha

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #69
Since we're making updates heres a quickie.

That green is a fourth gear pull on the previous revisions. The two third gear pulls are the most revision. If you're wondering what it's like to do a fourth gear pull with 300whp, it's exhilarating. It WILL get your adrenaline pumping full time. This is still on 93oct, btw.

More DHM.jpg

That green is a fourth gear pull on the previous revisions. The two third gear pulls are the most revision. If you're wondering what it's like to do a fourth gear pull with 300whp, it's exhilarating. It WILL get your adrenaline pumping full time. This is still on 93oct, btw.

View attachment 7390
This looks magical.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #72
Another quick update:

Boomba RMM is in, Cobb RMM is out.

Also, in are Boomba trans bracket bushings and Mountune Quick Shift plate. The shift is butter.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #74
I need to feel this. I thought this car already shifted nice as is.
I think my problem was because of the Cobb mount being sloppy. Before, I always loved the way the FiST shifted. I thought about maybe doing one thing at a time, but I don't have the energy for that.

The throw reduction is noticeable. Shifts are even more crisp than before. Imagine a S2000 with a longer throw. I'll have @esondi and @masonsturbo check it out when I see them tonight.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
How are vibrations of the Boomba vs the Cobb?

I barely notice Any changes stock to Cobb mount. I'm thinking of scooping up a Boomba mount eventually, but many sell theirs because they can't handle a little vibration. Had a hard hasport mount in my civic si and I loved how it performed

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #76
How are vibrations of the Boomba vs the Cobb?

I barely notice Any changes stock to Cobb mount. I'm thinking of scooping up a Boomba mount eventually, but many sell theirs because they can't handle a little vibration. Had a hard hasport mount in my civic si and I loved how it performed
Well, there is definitely vibration. Enough to feel it in your seat during take off. It's gone around 2.5krpm. It's not even noticeable at idle with the A/C going. It doesn't bother me any, plus it will wear in a little bit.

dyn085

2000 Post Club

View attachment 7390
Why so lean? I'm surprised you stayed in it after 6k rpm.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I think my problem was because of the Cobb mount being sloppy. Before, I always loved the way the FiST shifted. I thought about maybe doing one thing at a time, but I don't have the energy for that.

The throw reduction is noticeable. Shifts are even more crisp than before. Imagine a S2000 with a longer throw. I'll have @esondi and @masonsturbo check it out when I see them tonight.
This also interested me because I have the boomba trans adapter and I sometime get stuck going to 3rd from 2nd. Might just be me not shifting properly. But I also have the Cobb rmm

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #80
This also interested me because I have the boomba trans adapter and I sometime get stuck going to 3rd from 2nd. Might just be me not shifting properly. But I also have the Cobb rmm
After you installed it, did you complete the cable adjustment procedure? If not, it's fairly simple after you get the air box, battery and batt tray out.

Set the parking brake.

Put the car in neutral.

Release the yellow clip on the black cable. (Be careful here, the yellow clip should NOT come off).

You won't be popping the cable off the pin, but make sure the cable moves freely.

Put the car in 4th gear. The cable should now be locked.

Before you take the car out of 4th gear, push the clip back in.

Now, you're good to go.