Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
After you installed it, did you complete the cable adjustment procedure? If not, it's fairly simple after you get the air box, battery and batt tray out.

Set the parking brake.

Put the car in neutral.

Release the yellow clip on the black cable. (Be careful here, the yellow clip should NOT come off).

You won't be popping the cable off the pin, but make sure the cable moves freely.

Put the car in 4th gear. The cable should now be locked.

Before you take the car out of 4th gear, push the clip back in.

Now, you're good to go.
Well shit. I did not know this and definitely didn't do it when installed; had my mechanic install it. Thanks man, I'll try and do that sometime soon. That helps a lot?

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #82
Well shit. I did not know this and definitely didn't do it when installed; had my mechanic install it. Thanks man, I'll try and do that sometime soon. That helps a lot?
This process resets gear shift selection; when you move the shifter left to right. If the cable position was disturbed during the process it sure could help a bunch.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
This process resets gear shift selection; when you move the shifter left to right. If the cable position was disturbed during the process it sure could help a bunch.
Hopefully that helps out a little. I'll definitely be doing that next time it goes to the shop.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #84
Let's break some necks and cash some checks.

That's about all the pictures you're going to get out of me.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #88
You gonna smooth out the throttle plate and all that jazz while your at it? Lol
No thanks.

I just got the space and throttle body back on about 30 minutes. The screws provided are too soft, so most of the time spent was getting each screw in without stripping it. Lots of force involved... IMO, it would be an equal PITA to take the manifold off. One way you get space, the other way you don't have to remove the alternator, etc., etc. and you have more stability while the manifold is on the car. I meant to take a pic before I got the cold charge pipe back on... *shrug* I'm getting as many as I can remember to take.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #89
Hijinx' Selena, the Street Fighter

Here, I ended up zip tying the cables underneath the battery tray mount.

The fuel connection.

Positaps on the ignition.

I used the OEM tunnel.

Like nothing ever happened. That's all the pics I took.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #90
Finally got brakes done after a 3 month wait. Hawk PC pads and StopTech slotted rotors. The OEM pads and rotors have 23.8k miles on them.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #95
Ehh... [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION]. I can't edit my first post of the thread for some reason.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Ehh... [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION]. I can't edit my first post of the thread for some reason.
hmmm...I can't seem to get into editor on your first post either?

I'll send this issue over to [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION] to investigate further...

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Try editing your first post now... your original post has "special characters" that were copied into it that prevented the post from being opened up for editing.... [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION] fixed it and should be working fine...

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #99
Try editing your first post now... your original post has "special characters" that were copied into it that prevented the post from being opened up for editing.... [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION] fixed it and should be working fine...
I'll try it out now!

In other news, big things are popping!

Edit- It works! Thanks guys!

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #100
Original post has been updated with recent changes! There are definitely more things to come. I'll move vdynos to the first post as things are finalized, and eventually add some more data.