Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #164
Here at Battle Creek, MI for the BC Speedfest! It's a standing half mile event. For those who know me, yes I work for Wannagofast another half mile event, but Im out with DHM doing it up. We began yesterday with a half day in which I posted nearly 136mph.

Today, my best posted so far is 143, nearly 144. Again, this is a standing half mile, aka from a dig and I'm on street tires.

We've still got some power on the table, and this event goes through Monday. I'm looking to break 150s so we'll turn it up slowly, after each session. Also, I pulled the seats out after my 143 run, went up about .5psi, and picked up some MS106. We'll try out the MS106 tomorrow.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #170
awesome! is this on your new block or are you still on the stock block?
Unfortunately, no. Time constraints permitted going forward with it. So, I'm still on the stock engine. Once the event is done, the car will go back to Russ shop for the work. He did install a couple goodies; a Stratified Guardian Angel and a 3.5 bar sensor. That, combined with (most importantly) Russ' tuning and some MS109 is what's helping achieve the speeds.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Unfortunately, no. Time constraints permitted going forward with it. So, I'm still on the stock engine. Once the event is done, the car will go back to Russ shop for the work. He did install a couple goodies; a Stratified Guardian Angel and a 3.5 bar sensor. That, combined with (most importantly) Russ' tuning and some MS109 is what's helping achieve the speeds.

that's good! considering it's on the stock block and impressive. At the least you now know what it's capable of. No doubt with the new block it will be more durable, but what this highlights is Russ' tuning magic while working within the limits of the stock block. Awsome, IMO.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #173

TL; DR- Risks were known, we turned it up, lost cyl 3, new engine waiting. Won 3 of 4 awards possible.

It's been a loooong weekend, and yesterday I ran a best of 161mph in the Battle Creek Speedfest 1/2 mile event! So, the first thing I want to say is thank you to DHM. Russ, Sam, Cory, thank y'all so much.

Unfortunately, the best we could get the Fiesta up to was 154.96mph today. I lost cyl 3 on a 154.61mph run. So there's no confusion, I knew I was risking this engine. @deadhookmotorsports kept me informed as decisions were made and we threw everything at the car but the kitchen sink today. We started easy on Friday evening and slowly turned it up throughout sessions with today proving fatal. Be clear, though, Russ tuned the heck out of this car... It ran 18 1/2 mile runs, throughout 4 days, failing on the 19th run. I lost cyl 3, and babied her back to the pits. We're sure the rings are melted but more will be known later.

Meanwhile, I have a built engine, slightly bigger turbo, and clutch waiting to be installed. Again, risks were known, we turned it up, new engine waiting. Won 3 of 4 awards possible.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Congrats all around! Thanks for taking one for team and willingness in exploring the limitations. Look forward to how the new motor/turbo performs.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #176
So epic. Cannot wait to see what's in store for the new engine.. 170!
Congrats all around! Thanks for taking one for team and willingness in exploring the limitations. Look forward to how the new motor/turbo performs.
Thanks guys! Hopefully, the new engine/turbo will be hurting some feelings in the 1/4 at ST Fest and breaking hearts in October at another 1/2. So, we'll see soon enough!

TempeST

Congrats! Was following the live feeds all weekend. Excited for the upcoming mods.

Take some pics once you pry the engine open! Nice to see that there are some guys that like to learn by breaking things apart :p

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #180
Take some pics once you pry the engine open! Nice to see that there are some guys that like to learn by breaking things apart :p
I wish I had the knowledge and tools to do it myself. [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] will be the one breaking into it. I believe he will send pics.

Thank you, sir!