Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #321
I do thia for a living, and to do it right is VERY labor intensive. Not only does it mke your vehicle look amazing, most importantly, its protects your paint very well for a long period of time. Every car is different, but $500 really isnt that bad if they are doing correction as well. [like]
Mine was done for $550, partially because small car and because it was a sale the owner was running. It took 3 days for wash, decon, clay, compound, polish, glass polish and 2 layers of IGL Kenzo 10H. No way I could pass that deal up. Really glad I didn't because now, I'm thinking of taking my other cars for full price. It's definitely worth doing to protect the car AND easy washing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NO DOUBT at all if you have the coin for it! [thumb]

I was not questioning the justification for the cost of actually doing this job by the businesses involved, just that it is a bunch of cabbage for something that will have to be done at least once a year (or even more frequently if in a 'bad' area environmentally; extreme pollen, heavy rains, 'salt soup', too many birds, etc.), especially for someone not having that disposable income laying around, and wanting to use what little they have for performance mods. [wink]

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #323
NO DOUBT at all if you have the coin for it! [thumb]

I was not questioning the justification for the cost of actually doing this job by the businesses involved, just that it is a bunch of cabbage for something that will have to be done at least once a year (or even more frequently if in a 'bad' area environmentally; extreme pollen, heavy rains, 'salt soup', too many birds, etc.), especially for someone not having that disposable income laying around, and wanting to use what little they have for performance mods. [wink]
Ceramic coatings go for two or more years. My 2 layer coating is expected to last for and is warrantied for 4 years with the appropriate care.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ceramic coatings go for two or more years. My 2 layer coating is expected to last for and is warrantied for 4 years with the appropriate care.

THAT makes it MUCH MORE sense, and is much more reasonable, and maybe even possible for someone like me! THANKS! [thumb]

Can one 'maintain' this brand coating with the 'usual suspect' waxes/sealants (Collinite, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Poorboys, Klasse, etc.)?

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #325
THAT makes it MUCH MORE sense, and is much more reasonable, and maybe even possible for someone like me! THANKS! [thumb]

Can one 'maintain' this brand coating with the 'usual suspect' waxes/sealants (Collinite, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Poorboys, Klasse, etc.)?
Ive been meaning to talk to the detailer about products. But, it's pretty simple. Every two weeks, give it a wash and dry it with clean high quality micro fibers. Of course IGL recommends their own wash. But, I'm sure there's other things out there. You do not need to apply any other wax or sealant on it though. All it needs is wash and dry.

Mine was done for $550, partially because small car and because it was a sale the owner was running. It took 3 days for wash, decon, clay, compound, polish, glass polish and 2 layers of IGL Kenzo 10H. No way I could pass that deal up. Really glad I didn't because now, I'm thinking of taking my other cars for full price. It's definitely worth doing to protect the car AND easy washing.

You got a great deal, and your car looks absolutely beautiful! I love the carbon hood too, fitment looks better than my oem one. [twothumb]

^^^That makes it even better yet!! [twothumb]
The other thing is that once you have the paint corrected and coated as long as you do a correct 2-3 bucket wash and dry with proper towels then you wont need a major correction any time soon. Just typically a maintenance buff and a recoat of the sealant once it starts to wear off. Its one of those "put in the work now and it pays off later" sort of things. I have been teaching myself how to do it and have now been amateur detailing for two years and I am still no where near the category some of these pros are in. The level of OCD is real! ha

Looks good man!

masonsturbos

Isaac, any update on the car? I saw pictures of it at the shop while everything was going down, were you doing some upgrades or she blow up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #332
Hijinx' Shun Mediocrity Build

The Fiesta is almost paid off (yes I’m keeping it), so I did a thing.

2012 MK6 GTI w/ DSG, just shy of 50k miles. First round will be Cobb AP, cleaning valves, replacing motor and trans oil, spark plugs and coil packs, and engine mounts.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #334

FrankenTurbo F23T w/wmi

You’re going to have fun!

I’ve seen it, but I’m not impressed. Im especially soured on hybrids. I’m not impressed by the K04 either. Besides everyone goes those routes, and I like the less beaten paths.

DaveG99

You'll need a clutch with your tune. Stock clutch is weak. Well at least it is on the 15's

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I’ve seen it, but I’m not impressed. Im especially soured on hybrids. I’m not impressed by the K04 either. Besides everyone goes those routes, and I like the less beaten paths.
I think hybrids have their place, as long as they are put together by someone who knows what they are doing. I just read that whole C39/Cyborg thread a few days ago and it all sucks to be sure. I almost sprung for a Cyborg a few years ago and now I have a Pumaspeed X47R. I was never really interested in going with a bigger (non hybrid) turbo or going all out on my ST because it's been my daily driver (and I already have another car in the garage that has three times as much power, even with the turbo change lol). I think the hybrids are a great option for those that want to retain some of the great features of the Fiesta ST, including reliability and efficiency (ie: gas mileage).