Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta met an S10 today, not in a good way. Carnage pictures inside.

TheStig

So short story short, was running out for starbucks this morning that is in a private parking lot/shopping center. Car in front of me turned left into the Starbucks lot and i followed, not seeing a modified S10 moving at a good clip towards me going in the opposite direction. At the time, and this all happened quick, it appeared he had plenty of space and time to stop but im not sure he saw me in time either.

He slammed into the passenger rear quarter of my poor Fiesta. Damage so far is wheel, tailight, body (obviously), rear passenger door, possibly some suspension as it pulls to the right a little now. Im so upset this is my first accident. My insurance has a 500$ deductible but anyone that knows these cars or accidents, that doesnt look like it will be easy to repair.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
OMG! So sorry to see and hear....But are you ok physically other than being understandably upset?

rexdriver85

That's such a horrible thing to happen. I hope you are OK besides the obvious anger, disappointment and shock.

I hope it all works out for you sir.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Glad you seem ok other than ticked off about it .. OUCH on the car hope it is fixable or they repalce it ..

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #5
OMG! So sorry to and see hear....But are you ok physically other than being understandably upset?
Im physically fine, no bags deployed. Other person was fine too just upset obviously.
That's such a horrible thing to happen. I hope you are OK besides the obvious anger, disappointment and shock.

I hope it all works out for you sir.
Im not angry at all, im really just upset at myself for letting this happen. Its been a crap week with a bad breakup and trying to move her out and now i got this, so its just piling on.

I should know within afew days what the insurance will do, and if she is totaled i likely will not be back in a Fiesta. As much as i love her to death and she is obviously VERY strong, I could likely use a truck or cheaper car more.

koozy

3000 Post Club
that's seems like a lot of damage on private property parking lot. i'd check to see if there a posted speed limit in the parking lot. even though it may be your fault, people aren't expecting cars to be flying in a parking lot. after all a parking lot will have pedestrians too to watch for.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #7
no posted speed limit, the "intersection" had no stops either and was a 3 way basically.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Sorry dude :\ Race Red is one of the fastest colors and It hurts me to see that damage done.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Glad to hear you are okay. The car can be replaced...hopefully you are fully covered on the insurance side of the house for the full value of the vehicle.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #10
Glad to hear you are okay. The car can be replaced...hopefully you are fully covered on the insurance side of the house for the full value of the vehicle.
Im fully covered with a 500$ deductible and gap (which is great since im upside down)
Sorry dude :\ Race Red is one of the fastest colors and It hurts me to see that damage done.
Car is actually Molten Orange, fully loaded with only 25k

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Im fully covered with a 500$ deductible and gap (which is great since im upside down)

Car is actually Molten Orange, fully loaded with only 25k
Well, that's $500 down the drain but better than being thousands in the hole, lol. Good thing getting the GAP insurance.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #13
Like i said at the beginning another Fiesta is doubtful even with how much i like it. My true passion is racing quads so a truck fits the bill alot more, just extra fuel cost and initial cost is high.

Otherwise if they total it i may go with a cheap car so i can afford having something to build.

Glad to hear you are ok. I am guessing your car will be a write off. Does not take much anymore.
I hate parking lots myself. The only wreck I have ever had was in a parking lot where I got t-boned by a lady that was in a hurry for some last minute Christmas shopping. I was between her and a sale I guess (not a good place to be). My car had almost $6000 damage from a freaking parking lot accident.
Very wary of parking lots at all times since then.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #17
Yeah, im going to go back to the area and look around for additional things to alert to the insurance company. Given the damage done to both vehicles, speed was a factor most definitely.

Im going to get the estimate at noon so we should know my poor baby's fate by then.

Thanks everyone for your concerns and advice, i do appreciate it all. Its good being part of the FiST family.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Terribly sorry this happened:(

Very glad you are OK but watch yourself, if you are sore int the back or neck area get checked out right away, hidden damage can cause a lifetime of pain, I know as live with it everyday.

Highly likely the car is a write off, the only way to repair it would be sectioning the body and they do that very seldom now.

Pull off any parts you can before they strip any goodies off, it does and likely will happen so do not give them any more time.

Sorry to see you leave the ST ownership world but understand, go where your heart is, always the best plan.

Sincerely
Rick

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #19
Only part i am able to remove currently will be my AP, otherwise its stock aside from an intake. My factory intake is stashed at my parents and its really not even worth the trouble to remove it honestly.

The insurance company said its highly unlikely they total it, odd given they have not even seen it yet.

FocusMike

Like i said at the beginning another Fiesta is doubtful even with how much i like it. My true passion is racing quads so a truck fits the bill alot more, just extra fuel cost and initial cost is high.

Otherwise if they total it i may go with a cheap car so i can afford having something to build.
Sorry to see you go but glad you are okay.