Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What to do about winter tires?

Hey guys, just curious to know what you've done about the summer-only tire situation when winter rolls around? I was thinking either to get some really cheap wheels with winter tires...or get something kinda fun...just for fun... like green wheels :D http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?&target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=&initialPartNumber=W29034503GR&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=Green+Painted&wheelFinish=Green+Painted&showRear=no&packageFlow=false

Or, do you end up switching the summer tires for all seasons?

9495_10153280709317300_7289882841378236156_n.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you have the room I vote for the Fun wheels for summer then some cheaper wheels with a winter type tire so you can enjoy your car in all seasons ..

rexdriver85

Dedicated snows are the ticket, been doing that for years. The first time you go out in a bad storm you'll be happy.

Save the nice stuff for summer!

I live in the DC area also and it?s a borderline decision in this area. Any farther north and I would get a set but I have gone on summer tires all year round on several vehicles. You do have to take I easy in the winter not just because of the snow but the cold effects the compound particularly or the first few miles. This area shuts down during winter storms so I mostly stay home if it is over 4 inches. If you have job where you have to go in even when the government shuts down them yes you should get winter tires.