Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vancouver Gas - Which do you use?

Just curious what gas some are running here in Vancouver. I had been running strictly Chevron 94 until recently until I was getting some timing retard issues. I switched to Chevron 91 on the same tune and have seen timing advance now. I use to think Chevron had the good stuff but now I am not sure 94 is worth the extra coin.

Opinions?

Data?

JAD

For the first 12k km, I used Chev 94. Then switched to Shell 91 b/c of Airmiles lol
After my car threw a code, p219a, I have been using Chev 94 or PetroCan 91.

No data to show you since I don't have nay tune yet.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
I had some serious fuel pump issues with Shell gas in my Lightning and swore off Shell gas. Pump after pump was being eaten up by some additive in their gas.

Chevron and Shell 91 for the most part. No justifiable reason to run 94, certainly not on a stock tune. The biggest thing is to go to a busy station, they will be refilling their tanks more frequently and should have "better" gas. I haven't logged timing to see if it's pulling timing on any given tank, but my mileage; which I do track, is fairly consistent.

Chevron 94, 0% ethanol. I believe they are the only pump that offers ethanol free gas.