Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which exhaust has the most snap, crackle and pop?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The MBRP sounds too tinny from all the vids seen and heard. Does it sound that way in person?

iso100

1000 Post Club
The MBRP sounds too tinny from all the vids seen and heard. Does it sound that way in person?
Not at all. It's deep and bassy. I'm guessing that you aren't listening with headphones or a subwoofer.

Multiple people at the local ST meet said that mine sounded the best from all the Fiesta exhausts they'd heard.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Not at all. It's deep and bassy. I'm guessing that you aren't listening with headphones or a subwoofer.

Multiple people at the local ST meet said that mine sounded the best from all the Fiesta exhausts they'd heard.
Gotcha, good to know.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

+1 my mbrp does not sound tinny at all. It's fairly deep and actually sounds good for a 4cylinder. Which I never thought I would hear myself saying.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I've had the 2J TBE, I've heard the MRT, MBRP, Injen, fswerks, magnaflow, but to me the best sounding is the cobb. Forget about volume, just take a listen:

[video=youtube;zgFF9e06BRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgFF9e06BRE[/video]

my MBRP with stock cat is even louder than my friends FoST and he has the Agency Power with stock cat. The MBRP has the most bubble and gurggle that your gonna get.

I've had the 2J TBE, I've heard the MRT, MBRP, Injen, fswerks, magnaflow, but to me the best sounding is the cobb. Forget about volume, just take a listen:

[video=youtube;zgFF9e06BRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgFF9e06BRE[/video]
That's actually pretty darn good. Is that Cobb's cat-back?

cp-e Nexus exhaust and cp-e downpipe (catted or not) and you are in business. All the pops and crackle you can handle and zero drone. It's 3" all the way thru so the tone is perfect imo. 3k rpm cruising in 2nd or 3rd in city traffic and it sounds like a Ferrari flat plane crank engine. I love it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
This is just Cobb cat back, lots of nice crackle and pops.
http://youtu.be/m5kQAaj54zQ
Especially off full throttle. And no drone at all.
This is with the DHM dead hook motor sports car less downpipe and Cobb cat back. Much more cracks and pops and no drone again. Sounds AMAZING!
http://youtu.be/arlYXiw7qmI
I had to let you know you made my morning ;) LOL let me fix that for you but talk about weight saving DP .. Thanks ;) hahahhahahahha

haste

1000 Post Club
cp-e Nexus exhaust and cp-e downpipe (catted or not) and you are in business. All the pops and crackle you can handle and zero drone. It's 3" all the way thru so the tone is perfect imo. 3k rpm cruising in 2nd or 3rd in city traffic and it sounds like a Ferrari flat plane crank engine. I love it.
Have a vid? I'd love to hear the cp-e full exhaust.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
That's actually pretty darn good. Is that Cobb's cat-back?
Cobb makes some impressive stuff. The only thing I don't like about the non resonated exhaust systems that are available is that just off idle they sound like a UPS truck. heh [:p]

My custom 3" exhaust crackles and pops on lift off all the time with the occasional flame out.

Basically a straight pipe to a decent sized race muffler.
what is the name of the muffler/size of the piping? do u have cats?

what is the name of the muffler/size of the piping? do u have cats?
Magnaflow 12198 muffler. I'm on the stock downpipe. It's all 3" stainless all the way to the muffler. It's straight through that splits from a single 3" to a dual 2.5". I have a set of 3 " tips poking out the rear.

Ford Community Posts