Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which exhaust has the most snap, crackle and pop?

Muffler/resonator delete and catless dp. This passed saturday afternoon i was headed to the tail of the dragon after 3 hours of driving i hit a traffic jam. Once it cleared took off hit 40mph and let off then the popping and bangs started like 3-6 loud ones. So i was surprised by how many it did in a row 5 min passes and it still doing it on decel and downshifts it went on for the rest of the way to the tail of the dragon. I was kind of scared and worried not cause of the car but the cops lol it popped and bang loudly it was nice.

I am running DHM Catless downpipe with Cobb Catback, tuned on E40 and the pops and gurgles are crazy! They are non stop on decel and especially loud on downshifts. Sometimes if I downshift to 4k rpm or so, it will sound like gun shots going off. love it. Haha, I have scared a few people with the downshifts before.

Nice i love it when it pops loud on downshifts and i have scared people with it to lol. But that was the first time i ever had that non stop pops on decel now is running without them just the downshift pop guess the weather had to do with it.

I have had a neon, with a 2.4 motor swap, turbo and all that fun stuff, it sounded ridiculous. I miss that car everyday. Idle it was pretty quite, just a normal first gen neon with a roll cage and 5 point race harness. People used to talk smack constantly, until I drove away and you could hear the external gate a tiny bit and the blow off go off. Then people would get curious, no one ever seemed to noticed the wide ass street slicks I daily drove on. Always just the roll cage and the harness. Best one I ever had, was a 5 kids in a new challenger back in 2012, Kid in the back seat asked if my roll cage was an auto zone special. I laughed and said yup, sure is. The kid then said lets run em! I laughed again said I don't want to waste my time, the drive reved it up loud as he could, (sounded mean) I said ok, light turns green go for it. He was revving to take off, I seen the other light turn yellow. I hit the 2 step, all 5 kids looked over dumb founded, light turned green I launched out like crazy! the challenger didnt even move from the light. I went to about 50 mph, the speed limit and just cruised. Kid caught up to me about 3 lights later and wanted me to pull over to check out my car, they couldnt believe it. haha I died. and just laughed them off and kept going. Anyways! moral of the story, the SRT 4 exhaust is the nastiest best sounding exhaust for a 4 cylinder there is. period. My dart sounded like a mini SRT when I did my custom turbo back exhaust, my fiesta with the DHM Catless downpipe and the cobb cat back, is my 2nd favorite exahust for a 4 cylinder close to the SRT. It is deep, loud, no rasp, and has the racing tone I have come to insanely love. The pops and gurgles are up there with the SRT, not quite as much, but damn close. and its amazing.

Hey how you like your golf r? Pm I'm actually looking to get one as a second car
I absolutely love it.

I actually bought the Fiesta because I love the R so much. Keeping the miles off of the R, but still having a fun car to DD (the FiST) = win.

It's the best car I've ever owned, and I've got quite a few mods done to it now (Not full bolt on, has plenty of power for me now) and I'm loving it.
See a video of it below...

[video=youtube;8C5kzUsFecY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C5kzUsFecY[/video]

Best one for me is the subaru boxer engine
My roommate has a Forester XT & it's awesome sounding. I love it lol

2006ser

Nice I been reading up on them. I was reading that you need a tune to be able to launch or use the full capabilities of the traction control use?

I'm heavily leaning towards MBRP or CP-E for my FiST. Buddy has an Abarth & I love how it sounds lol.
Thanks! Let me know if I can sway you =p

From what I have seen we are the only true 3" on the market and the stealth pipe does worlds of improvement for drone. Driven catless DP w/ nexus on 1500 mile round trip and was happy with it.

Nice I been reading up on them. I was reading that you need a tune to be able to launch or use the full capabilities of the traction control use?
So -- It's interesting. The car stock is extremely capable. That being said, a tune lets you use launch control (2-step, anti-lag, etc) -- you can use a tool called VAGCOM / VCDS to do the ESC defeat.
I'm loving the car. I paid $25k for it (CPO) back in October and it's my baby lol. I drive it every now and then (I've only had the Fiesta a month) and it's awesome going from the FiST to the R.

R is much more comfortable, MUCH more powerful, heavier, feels more stable...
The FiST is a lot lighter, less comfortable, economic, more agile feeling.

I love them both for very different reasons. Lol

PM me if you want to take this further...

Thanks! Let me know if I can sway you =p

From what I have seen we are the only true 3" on the market and the stealth pipe does worlds of improvement for drone. Driven catless DP w/ nexus on 1500 mile round trip and was happy with it.
Wait wait wait, worlds of improvement for drone?
I like the sounds of the Nexus exhaust (from what I can tell) -- I bought some used CP-E parts for my Ecoboost Mustang and they were awesome.
That being said, the main reason I'm skeptical of the MBRP is reports of drone.

I may snag a Nexus exhaust the next time you guys have a substantial sale, but overall, I'm still unsure of the sound.

I've seen this Vimeo video.
https://vimeo.com/86796200

and this YouTube video...
[video=youtube;LfUeJ80WpNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUeJ80WpNg[/video]

Which one is more accurate to the sound?

Also -- Not gonna lie, one of my main requirements is hearing some turbo whistle through the exhaust... lol. Does your exhaust have that?

So -- It's interesting. The car stock is extremely capable. That being said, a tune lets you use launch control (2-step, anti-lag, etc) -- you can use a tool called VAGCOM / VCDS to do the ESC defeat.
I'm loving the car. I paid $25k for it (CPO) back in October and it's my baby lol. I drive it every now and then (I've only had the Fiesta a month) and it's awesome going from the FiST to the R.

R is much more comfortable, MUCH more powerful, heavier, feels more stable...
The FiST is a lot lighter, less comfortable, economic, more agile feeling.

I love them both for very different reasons. Lol

PM me if you want to take this further...

Wait wait wait, worlds of improvement for drone?
I like the sounds of the Nexus exhaust (from what I can tell) -- I bought some used CP-E parts for my Ecoboost Mustang and they were awesome.
That being said, the main reason I'm skeptical of the MBRP is reports of drone.

I may snag a Nexus exhaust the next time you guys have a substantial sale, but overall, I'm still unsure of the sound.

I've seen this Vimeo video.
https://vimeo.com/86796200

and this YouTube video...
[video=youtube;LfUeJ80WpNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUeJ80WpNg[/video]

Which one is more accurate to the sound?

Also -- Not gonna lie, one of my main requirements is hearing some turbo whistle through the exhaust... lol. Does your exhaust have that?
The exhaust would be very drony without the stealth pipe (helmholtz resonator above the tips). Its 3" from downpipe to tip, with one resonator and no muffler. Without it, it would be very droney.

The bottom video sounds better. Our video is a little distorted. Not sure why.

Yes. You can hear the whistle very well, at least with a catless downpipe.

I'm hoping for the sound of MBRP minus the drone. :)

Did some PM'ing between Mitch & I, and basically, he told me the exhaust sounds very close to how an Abarth sounds... which I love. Hoping to get a bit of that sound (or MBRP), since I don't want to do the downpipe.

I'll post my impressions. I haven't gotten a tracking number yet, but soon hopefully!

I'm heavily leaning towards MBRP or CP-E for my FiST. Buddy has an Abarth & I love how it sounds lol.
I just sold my Abarth, they come without reaonators or mufflers. I went 3" catless and exhaust. I think it "fits" the Abarth quirkiness with that type of sound, to me the FISt would look/ sound ridicolous with catless/resonator/Mufflerless. And you wouldnt gain any performance just an annoying drone......

HPSI has a tune to improve your crackle and pops...... Ferrari 595 tune. Maybe a vendor could chime in, but having the ability to switch from a crackle tune to performance tune wpuld be nice