Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which exhaust has the most snap, crackle and pop?

I just sold my Abarth, they come without reaonators or mufflers. I went 3" catless and exhaust. I think it "fits" the Abarth quirkiness with that type of sound, to me the FISt would look/ sound ridicolous with catless/resonator/Mufflerless. And you wouldnt gain any performance just an annoying drone......
Yeah, my buddy has an Abarth & it's awesome. We just did a catted downpipe and it made it a lot louder, drones a lot, etc.

My FiST is orange with stripes -- I'm down to make it loud & obnoxious. The CP-E exhaust has one resonator (right behind the downpipe) and the helmholtz resonator before the tips, so it's almost a straight piped system that is supposed to get rid of drone.
I've ordered mine via LethalPerformance (on Monday) and I still haven't gotten a tracking number. Hoping it just shows up lol.

HPSI has a tune to improve your crackle and pops...... Ferrari 595 tune. Maybe a vendor could chime in, but having the ability to switch from a crackle tune to performance tune wpuld be nice
Yeah, my last tune (on a big turbo GTI) had a provision to keep injecting just a little bit of fuel on deceleration, really added a lot of snap/crackle/pop, especially on deceleration.

Over in the UK, they have made a tune for some snap, crackle, and pop. Does anyone have any more information on this tune?

[video]https://youtu.be/f3xn81p-Wqo?t=57[/video]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Sorry for the bump but I've been delaying my CBE as I have a muff delete atm with a Catless DP and I could not find anything that sounded better except the MBRP. Going thru this thread that CP-e with stock dp sounded amazing, funny thing also is I my sled think and thought that the SRT-4 was the best sounding, period. Would need to hear a better sound clip of the full turbo back from CP-e to further make my decision

I did in the exhaust thread -- Overall, I love the exhaust.

Here's the video... will get a better one later / eventually.

[video=youtube;7AFxjAgEl_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFxjAgEl_4[/video]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
How do u like it now? And it doesn't sound srt-4ish at all to me, atleast in that tire chirping video

How do u like it now? And it doesn't sound srt-4ish at all to me, atleast in that tire chirping video
I absolutely love it. I took it on a 1200 mile road trip this weekend (3 day thing) and the exhaust was amazing. Has some drone at 85+ mph but I don't drive at that speed often :)
It's also NOT as loud as people make it out to be. It's actually fairly quiet, despite being straight piped.

I had the chance to meet a guy with an MBRP exhaust (on the stock downpipe) when I was on my trip... his car sounded very similar to mine, and he paid almost the same since he got the SS variant.
I rode in his car and, to be blunt, I'm glad I got CP-E.

CP-E is almost the same as MBRP (a bit more tame?) without the drone -- the drone the CP-E has at ~85-90mph, is noticeable in the MBRP at around ~73-75. It was tolerable, but you had to audibly speak louder.
All of my cars have exhaust, so it's fine, but it's not certainly near untolerable.

Finally, to wrap it up -- the exhaust is amazing sounding. I get compliments all the time. Cold start sounds awesome. Drone is minimal. I got some really REALLY loud backfires this weekend that my buddies complimented me on.
Overall, a great time :)

I will say, it was by far the quietest exhaust out of our bunch. I bet with a downpipe it'd be quite loud.

Thanks for the honest review and video [MENTION=4433]wireless[/MENTION].

The design for the Helmholtz resonator is targeted for the rpms you would be at for 60-75 mph. It never bothered me until I was steady cruising at 90+ (professional driver, closed course, lol)
[MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] I posted a video in the Custom Performance Engineering forum section of a cold start, driving, and then a dyno pull. I am catless as well.

Thanks for the honest review and video [MENTION=4433]wireless[/MENTION].

The design for the Helmholtz resonator is targeted for the rpms you would be at for 60-75 mph. It never bothered me until I was steady cruising at 90+ (professional driver, closed course, lol)
[MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION] I posted a video in the Custom Performance Engineering forum section of a cold start, driving, and then a dyno pull. I am catless as well.
Hey Mitch, I've been running your catted dp and nexus resonated exhaust for 9 mo now. While I love everything about it, my drone is god awful. The drone starts at 65mph and doesn't quit as speed rises. I wear earplugs on the highway even. No other mods beyond all cp-e stage 3 with Cobb charge pipes.

Have there been any design changes to the Helmholtz resonator that may be impacting my drone negatively?

Hey Mitch, I've been running your catted dp and nexus resonated exhaust for 9 mo now. While I love everything about it, my drone is god awful. The drone starts at 65mph and doesn't quit as speed rises. I wear earplugs on the highway even. No other mods beyond all cp-e stage 3 with Cobb charge pipes.

Have there been any design changes to the Helmholtz resonator that may be impacting my drone negatively?
There have not been any design changes to the resonator. The only change we have made was to only offer the single tip.

The biggest thing I would look for is if there are any leaks or anywhere pipes might be resting on the chassis. Especially a leak between the DP and catback would cause major drone issues. Feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to work through it with you.

I have the Depo Racing Catless DP and a 2.5" straight pipe and it's constantly after firing like crazy apparently shoots blue flames every once and a while according to my buddies I cruise with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
its just too bad that not many are running the Cpe CBE , I would like to hear it on a cold start a fly by, interior sound and 2 step the whole nine, I mean it's the priciest, need to be definititive

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4433]wireless[/MENTION] did u use stock hangars or did u buy stiffer ones? Wondering if I need to or not with the Cpe CBE?

its just too bad that not many are running the Cpe CBE , I would like to hear it on a cold start a fly by, interior sound and 2 step the whole nine, I mean it's the priciest, need to be definititive
I can get you a cold start if you want, but I'm still on the stock downpipe so I'm not much help for you there lol.

[MENTION=4433]wireless[/MENTION] did u use stock hangars or did u buy stiffer ones? Wondering if I need to or not with the Cpe CBE?
I used the stock hangars. Exhaust has a lot of play, but stock did as well -- that being said, I think with the 3" exhaust, it definitely touches the side in some places in the exhaust channel since it's 3" and it's fairly large lol
I've worried about using the aftermarket cobb ones -- I read somewhere that someone's was so stiff that it kept the tip touched to the bumper and it melted it :|

...that being said, I think with the 3" exhaust, it definitely touches the side in some places in the exhaust channel since it's 3" and it's fairly large lol
The Helmholtz resonator will most likely touch the pinchweld of the unibody if you aren't using stiffer hangers or zipties.

I've worried about using the aftermarket cobb ones -- I read somewhere that someone's was so stiff that it kept the tip touched to the bumper and it melted it :|
Luckily cp-e gave us the ball joint rear section for adjustment so this wont happen wink wink...

I'll just chime in on the bumper melting thing. I have 2 spots that my bumper has had contact with the exhaust and yes, there are 2 melted spots. But they are both small AND out of sight anyway.
I have the cobb catback with the stock mounts.

Well, Cobb owners that are touching the bumper should reexamine their install. I have the Cobb, and there is no physical way the tips could touch the bumper if installed correctly. It's centered perfectly and plenty of space between the bumper and the tips. Let me know if you want pics.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Got my Cpe Catback installed , here are my thoughts this far

Quality: yes, I have never seen better workmanship and I have modified many cars ( RX8 G35 etc)
The tips are the best looking imo, they look just right and almost as if they belong on the car.

Sound: okay, before anyone bites my head off, this is my personal opinion and mines alone.
It's does not back fire, yea if I shift down and it's coming at around 5k, sure.
It's quiet (I have a downpipe) like really quiet, almost feels like I don't have an aftermarket exhaust.
And that sucks tbh, spending this kind of money (see CAD exchange rate-_- )

I was expecting it to sound throaty and aggressive and to hear pops and gurgles. If it is doing t its very Quiet, and that's sucks!

It's an amazing looking piece but look else where if you want aggressive or loud-ish

Got my Cpe Catback installed...

...if you want aggressive or loud-ish
Give it some time! It gets pretty evil sounding in time. I love this exhaust more than anything I've run yet (besides bikes). I am however running cp-e's catted dp and have their non-cat dp on the bench waiting to go in.