Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car cover/Hail protection?

Anybody have any luck with covers that protect against hail? I know of the cover that is inflatable. But $350 is really steep.

How much is your insurance deductible? If it's a $1000 than $350 doesn't sound that bad.

rexdriver85

You get hail that often to warrant a car cover to protect from it? I've seen major hail like 3 times in my life. lol where do you live??

lol where do you live??
Looks like he's in Omaha. Seriously, here in the Midwest hail is a frequent threat through the Spring and early Summer. I live near St. Louis, and severe thunderstorm warnings are par for the course. When hail is forecast for our area, I usually take one of the cars to a hospital parking garage about four blocks away and leave it until the danger's passed. Seems obsessive, but I've seen all too many vehicles around here that look like they've been ball-peened. Oh, we get tornadoes too. Ain't it exciting.

FieSTa Blanca

Get the car cover if you want to protect your FIST from dust or sun damage, if you are looking for hail protection, get good insurance and/or park indoors if possible. The link below shows images from a storm that hit my area last year. The car dealership in the photos had to total out over 1,500 cars and replaced over 2,000 windshields. A car cover, inflated or not, would have done nothing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bla...BQ#imgrc=_&usg=__vgAxHWGJLdvuYUMLDBDQZ-xoFQg=

OP
hot_hatch
Thread Starter #7
I bought the $350 cover a few months back and tried it out. Works great, but would be very time consuming and a pain. Waste of money in my opinion. (I was in Omaha, just moved to Bloomington last week).