Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

california car duster?

And that oil never wears? My statement still stands. Not to mention one tiny rock getting stuck on one of the threads <snip>
Totally disagree. Firstly, you don't use the car duster on your vehicle say, after it rains and you have little grains of sand stuck to your paint. Gotta be a little smarter than that. It's called a 'car duster'... duster. And I can tell you've never had one because you can shake them out and see the dust fly away, and you can even wash them if you accidentally happen to dust your gravel driveway with it (although that is not recommended, and they are cheap enough to replace).

Also, you don't dust your car in a circular pattern. Only losers do that. Lightly dust each panel using almost no pressure and moving the duster in straight lines.

This is the single best purchase I have ever made vehicle related in my entire lifetime. During spring and summer, I can go for months without washing the car. If I get some bird droppings or if I run through a random puddle or something and get some splashies, I will use Griot's spray-on car wash.

My good friend turned me onto the California Car Duster, and he still uses the same one that he bought back in the early-90s to use on his new VW Corrado. He still uses it, but this time on his F80 M3.

Totally disagree. Firstly, you don't use the car duster on your vehicle say, after it rains and you have little grains of sand stuck to your paint. Gotta be a little smarter than that. It's called a 'car duster'... duster. And I can tell you've never had one because you can shake them out and see the dust fly away, and you can even wash them if you accidentally happen to dust your gravel driveway with it (although that is not recommended, and they are cheap enough to replace).

Also, you don't dust your car in a circular pattern. Only losers do that. Lightly dust each panel using almost no pressure and moving the duster in straight lines.

This is the single best purchase I have ever made vehicle related in my entire lifetime. During spring and summer, I can go for months without washing the car. If I get some bird droppings or if I run through a random puddle or something and get some splashies, I will use Griot's spray-on car wash.

My good friend turned me onto the California Car Duster, and he still uses the same one that he bought back in the early-90s to use on his new VW Corrado. He still uses it, but this time on his F80 M3.
Because your friend owns an M3 it must not do any damage? People with M3s are impervious to such things? You can argue all day, no high end detailer would ever agree with you.

Because your friend owns an M3 it must not do any damage? People with M3s are impervious to such things? You can argue all day, no high end detailer would ever agree with you.
Of course a high end detailer would never agree with me, because they are the ones pushing the $2500 clear bras and $1500 ceramic coatings. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to recognize that connection bro. And somehow that makes your conjecture king?

Your last comment was only an opinion in the end, as your other comments have been. If you have anything more to offer than just the opinion of a guy that has never owned or used a California Car Duster, I'd be more interested.

Anyway, that Corrado I mentioned is black too, btw. No swirl marks or any other damage cause by a well maintained and properly used California Car Duster. [emoji481]

I use it as well, only on really light dusting. For some reason it works better the dirtier it gets, I had an old dude show me his that he bought in early 2000s and still used the same one!
Mine still gives off the little red cloth pieces, but one big sweep off the car makes them go away.

You just gotta shake it every once in a while I think, not supposed to get it wet ever!

What's got me interested is this video here. [video=youtube;8gVU4C_6wOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gVU4C_6wOE[/video] This guy is pretty legit on youtube. He uses them. Do they really cost swirl marks even if you use his method?
I'm sorry but does he rip the loudest fart at 0:20

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
During spring and summer, I can go for months without washing the car.
You must have NO pollen in the air at all out there.

Around here, ALL cars are GREEN from early May until early August, sometimes even an hour after you just washed them!! [crazyeye]

My understanding is that pollen is one of the MOST abrasive things to fall on your ride's paint, so I'm guessing much damage would be done with the use of a CCD on a thick coat of it. [dunno]

When I do wash a thick coat of this crap off my cars, I do keep a steady, constant stream of water running over the surface while I am soapy microfiber pad wiping it in a straight, front to back motion.