Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Masons 2015 black st

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #41
90 degrees yesterday and my ac comp didn't turn on so I had no ac.
This morning it is 68 and the ac is on, hmm good think I have an appointment for Monday.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #43
Went to the drag strip today,
I got to run the car 4 times, right after my drive over there and keeping the car running in the staging lanes, 15.9.
Sad.
My 3rd run I raced a new gti and I had him to the 1/8 and close to the end, he passed me at 100 and I crossed at 92- that was a 15.46
My last run of the night, I raced a stage 2 gti- intake, turbo back, tune, some other stuff, ran a 15.1 and beat his 15.3.
So not bad. Best run- 15.1

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #44
To give an idea on track conditions- I was the fastest st there tonight- the second fastest was a tuned focus st- ran 15.6,
Mazda speed 3 were running 16s... Little fist that could:)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's unlikely I'll go to another Midnight Madness. They're super slow at out runs and it irritates me. Like I was telling you and Eric about wannagofast... Half miles drag races. We turn 40 second runs all day long, and those guys take 40-50 in race that's half the length, and shorter in time. I've been told Test n Tune nights are better. I'd probably go if a bunch of STs go out though.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #47
Catch can is in now.
Parts list:
D1 racing catch can
6- 1/2" hose clamps
25" of 5/8" power steering hose
2- 3/8 pipe thread 5/8 nipple fittings
1- 90* 5/8"-5/8" barbed fitting
1- straight 5/8"- 5/8" barbed fitting
Copper tube to fit inside the 5/8 fitting
Jb weld
Black permatex
2- Stainless steel scrubbers
A piece of 2"x10" piece of aluminum or other metal for mounting bracket

So- the hardest part was tapping the babyunknown threads of the stock can to 3/8 pipe thread, a local hardware store tapped our cans with the fittings installed for 22 bucks.

After that, we went home, we drilled numerous holes in a copper pipe that could fit in the fitting and bent it to turn the pipe into the can.

Then jb welded the copper pipe into the right fitting in the top of the can.
Take your stainless scrubber and open them up where there is a hole in the middle then put the copper pipe through the hole. We used two scrubbers per can.

Take your permatex and run a bead around the top of the can then place the top to the can, including the copper pipe and scrubbers into the can, put the 6 screws back and tighten down.
The can is finished- baffled- and ready to be installed.
Now, mark the holes where you need to drill in your 2x10 plate to mount to the can.
Drill the holes and mount to the can.

We used some old seatbelt to act as a isolator and keep the can from being scratched and rattled.
Attach the two screws to the can.
Remove the 13mm nut from the shock mount and mark the hole to drill, remove, drill, then mount it all up.
The can is in place and ready to go.

Take your pcv line, cut it in two where the plastic is smooth, basically right in the middle of the hose.
This side will now need to be boiled to let the plastic expand, take your straight 5/8" fitting and work it in the hose. It's very challenging but getting a couple barbed on is more than enough. After you run it under cool water it should form to the barb and it won't come off. Now take some of your power steering hose and put it over the other end of the barb, then measure the distance to the left side fitting on the can, cut, and put hose clamps on the two barbs.
Now, on the other side of the pcv hose, you will need to take a razor and remove the hose from the fitting going to the motor. The fitting is barbed and again, the plastic hose is form fitted to it. Cut it off and keep the fitting. Slide the power steering hose over.
Now, take the power steering hose and put it on the catch can, run the hose straight out, and cut it where the two hoses would intersect. Now insert your 90* fitting and put clamps on.

Guess what:
Your catch can system is finished.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #49
got some new paint! painting saturday- new color is exactly what im going for. Lets hope it turns out nice:)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1579]masonsturbos[/MENTION] for your engine cover I assume it's plasti dip. If so did you have to do anything to prep it? Want to do mine soon.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #52
The engine cover is plastidip,
I didn't prep, just taped the edge off. I'd suggest get real gold like the latest gold on my rims.
The plastidip vintage gold looks- and I'm quoting a friend at a car show this morning- "looks marshmallow gold"
If that makes sense. Lol

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks. Well i was not planning on gold. My motif is more orange and black. I do have a blue engine hose so likely will try a blue.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #54
Nice- yes, don't do the dip, I will be painting it with my wheel color soon.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #55
So far the catch can seems to be doing its job. No oilly film getting to the intake, just vapors. I've took a paper towel and wiped the manifold side and found no brown slime lol. Just some condensation I guess you could call it from vapors but no oil:) parts may slow for a little bit. Got a little speeding ticket... Stupid

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #58
First car is done. Was definitely a challenge and I learned a lot. I will be doing some modifications this next go around. Everything did line up perfectly and overall looks good and feels solid.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #59
Here we go! Oil change number 2 at 4985mi. Switching to rotella t6. 5w-40 as I've read great things in our car

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #60
My revisions done to the wing risers made my install go much more smoothly, I jb welded a nut for the bolt and this worked very nicely.

They are installed on my car but I will be painting mine soon. Going just black to keep it simple.
I had 3 cruises over the weekend.
Saturday morning, I had a cruise for me going off to school soon. We had a wide variety of cars.
2 Aston Martin vantages, a jag f-type, new corvette track pack, 6 st- 4 fiestas!!!, a track focused mustang, and overall, we had a fantastic time! We took two routes that turned out to both be awesome.

Later that night, I met up with some buddies who do some back road runs- think of Tokyo drift when the kids are running the mountains drifting, that's how I felt. Anyway- these kids pushed hard! I scared myself numerous times. I pushed the car harder than I ever have and learning the roads for the first time going that hard probably wasn't the best to do at night, but the little st kept up with their fastest guy as I was riding second and never held anyone back and pushed the guy in front of me pretty hard. The roads were basically a continuous auto cross if I had to describe it.

[/URL]

Here is the data I recorded from that event. Don't mind the average speed as we stopped midway through and I didn't stop the route.
Anyway, here comes Sunday and I have an ST only cruise, we left and went to a town called hermann in MO and we stopped and got wings for dinner and then returned home. To hermann, two people sadly got broken windshields. The girl behind me shouldn't have followed so close to my butt!

13 st and 1 g8

After the cruise on Saturday morning, we had a guy with a nice camera record some stuff, we were talking and brought up how we 3 wheel. I gladly brought up the idea to try it out for some video. Our tires still hot from the cruise left some nice marks.

And to start the week fresh, I treated ,Carmela- this little girls new name- means golden in Hebrew I read- so golden lol- to a nice new oil bath. Switched to rotella t6.

I'll try getting some video of me 3 wheeling, but! Here is my buddy Eric- Sondi- doing some two stepping in his "quiet" stage 3 fist. I give him hell for his Cobb as it really isn't loud.

Ps: I'm picking up a new downpipe Wednesday:))))