Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Masons 2015 black st

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #81
Intercooler is on!

I made my own mounts, after moving the ic around and checking fitment, it is mounted as high and as far back as possible. It has about a paint stirrer of gap of space from all surrounding surfaces.
I had to leave the air director that was on top out and I trimmed a section from the under tray that was about a 2"x20" piece and everything for perfect. Passenger side charge pipe rubs the back side of the fog light and I simply couldn't trim more to make any change.
No trimming to the bumper needed, just the under tray

Recap:
Mishimoto J-line ic
5 ply 4" leg couplers
2 2.5" joiners
Mishimoto t-bolt clamps
36" of 1.5" aluminum length
Drilled through the crash bar and had a nut and bolt
Used a dremel and did some cutting and fitting, and test fitting.
If anyone needs a further explanation of the install- just ask. I'm here to help.
You can't beat the size of this cooler.
Especially since this cooler is over 60 cubic inches bigger than the next ic- NOT the dhm race- and this project was done for 220 bucks and 4-5 hours of my time.

I have a question I am doing the same IC set up with the bracket you can buy from a member off here. My question is the Couplers I have bought the Mishimoto Couplers that are 3" legs. Am I going to have enough to make it meet up nicely? Also where do you find your Joiners?

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #83
Mine were quite long and I trimmed a bit off. You can buy that mount- 100 shipped- or make your own for 10 bucks lol.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #84
So far so good on everything. Accessport should be in Tuesday and I am excited!! Getting a 91 and 93 tune etune as well!! Should be fun!!

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #85
Woohoo!!! Tune installed with panda base stage 3 93 tune.
24.33 psi and Carmela sure is running good.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #89
Had the car dynod,

Standard conversion is 212.5/282.5. Happy with those numbers, Panda Motorworks and his tuner were impressed as well. 93 tune. Ethanol is next up.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #91

Carmela next to the big turbo brother. He put down 262 in 93- looking for 300 on e30.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #92
Car ran 14.307, #5 stock turbo time here on the forums. Stage 3 93oct tuned by panda.
Car dyno 212/282.
Launch was pretty good, LC set at 2000rpm and it was pretty good, may bump up to 2200 or 2300 to help.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #96
My build is similar-
Injen intake,
2j catless downpipe,
Custom catch cans- built together
Panda intercooler
Mbrp exhaust
Atp gt2863r turbo
Cobb rmm

My build is similar-
Injen intake,
2j catless downpipe,
Custom catch cans- built together
Panda intercooler
Mbrp exhaust
Atp gt2863r turbo
Cobb rmm
It could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but those look so much better than the boomba ones. You custom made them?

Also, your friend has those small sparcos which are 15x6.5...I like the way they look, but I don't know if I could justify that small width..haha

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #98
Well the tire is the same width, side wall is more straight up and down- does loose some width but he has spacers to make it look more agressive-
Yeah those risers are same dimensions at boombas. May have added a mm or so lol

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #99
Not having a bit of luck trying to install this throttle body spacer.
First time, had a leak, take it apart, find nothing but add rtv gasket maker to just make sure. Go to start installing and the head of one of the bolts starts stripping, I remove it and now I have 3 holding the spacer on. I have to go find a new screw tomorrow and hopefully find one.. All I gotta do is 1 more screw for the spacer, mount the throttle body, charge pipe, and I'm in the clear. If this leaks again, I'm gunna go buy 4 new damn screws. And I'm gunna have a little talk with boomba, may send it in and see what the heck could possibly even go wrong with this thing...