Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stock exhaust system

Hey guys new to the forum got my 14 fiST last month so far I'm pretty much stock did airbox mod, Cobb drop in, boomba symposer delete, moroso oil catch can. My question is has anyone deleted the factory resonator and put maybe a vibrant ultra quiet resonator or magnaflow but kept rest of it stock? I know there's res deletes on youtube but seem to be a tad to loud IMO. I know in my last allmotor car it was a tad raspy put two vibrant resonators made it better. So thanks for any info or suggestions.

To be honest, if you do delete it you don't really need to replace it with anything. I cut mine out and it's not much louder than it was before.

OP
Thread Starter #3
See thats what i have read on here but I watch videos of res deletes and they sound pretty loud or is it just more of have to hear in person. With windows up does it drone? Have any videos you could post?

OP
Thread Starter #5
I may just try it than thanks for your input. Did you have shop do it or just do it yourself. I do believe the id is 55mm / 2.17" very odd size so maybe wouldn't be able to go to parts store find a piece to clamp on after cutting out the res.

No problem, glad to help.

I had my local shop do it...literally took them about 5 minutes. I think they charged me $35. They gave me the resonator back and told me they could put it back on if I changed my mind down the road. I like the sound...just a bit louder than stock.

OP
Thread Starter #7
Can anyone confirm the stock exhaust size I looked it up online it says 2.17" is that id or od?

That's od. I used my micrometer the other day and got 2.15. I was thinking about doing the same thing.

OP
Thread Starter #9
Me and my buddy did it yesterday took us about 45 min and $8 I got 2" x 18" pipe it was a perfect fit slide it in the stock exhaust and mig welded we dropped the exhaust to get it welded good he's ocd about his welds. It sounds perfect IMO has good rumble when you get on it. With windows up and radio on can't even tell, with windows down you can hear it very slightly. But definitely if your looking for little more exhaust without it being ridiculous loud or $$. Eventually when my warranty is up I'll get an exhaust.

OP
Thread Starter #10
That's od. I used my micrometer the other day and got 2.15. I was thinking about doing the same thing.
To confirm I got 55mm OD on our stock exhaust and the exhaust tube I got was 51mm OD it perfectly slid in the stock exhaust making it very easy to weld it.

Well I don't really want to weld it I think I'm going to do it with clamps. Just so that I can switch between the 2 plus I know I will end up buying an exhaust sooner or later.

OP
Thread Starter #12
Well the problem is there's a slight bend 2 inches before and after the resonator not leaving much straight pipe to clamp back and forth is why we welded to ensure no leaks. On the stock res if I ever want to put it back will have to weld a reducer to each end because we made the cuts as close to the res as possible to make the straight pipe to fit properly.