Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rightfootdown.com reviews stock vs modded FiST

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Again its pretty cool and I like the Bug guts that is a real world touch you just can't get most places j/k. Really nice watch though seriously..

airjor13

2000 Post Club
That road is some serious fun! Lots of hairpin, decreasing radius stuff! On the first way round to familiarize myself with the road, I didn't even try to follow Josh's pace in the red FiST, he was moving at a real good clip! Note to self, NEED stickier tires, wider, stickier tires....like yesterday :) Please parts fairy visit me please

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Oh and we passed this ultra secret "FEMA" site that looked more CIA / military then FEMA LOL! Hidden checkpoints, Humvee's and probably ground to arm missiles just chillin around no biggie LOL...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes if you have like what 195's if I heard correctly on now even going back to stock 205 will help and a 215 should fit too. Not sure what is out there in a 16x8 that seems to be a redheaded stepchild size wheel now that everyone has moved on to 17+ sizes and thank goodness for the miata's/honda's keeping the 15 inch tires alive and well

So... uhh... which one did he like better? Or where was the comparison?

The actual tire might have more impact than the width. 195 vs 205 is less of a factor than the tire itself, and stuffing tires on narrow rims will make the turn in feel worse. Stock is 205 on a 7 so 195 on a 6.5 should be fine. I'm guessing a top street tire like RE71R, RS3, ZII SS or something on a 195 would feel similar to the 17s. Those tires all have very stiff sidewalls.

OP
O
Thread Starter #9
All in all for a short afternoon of work it came out well. I'm going to try to put together a track comparison as well probably at Summit Point. I really like that he wants to use actually cars that people own and drive. Isn't that want me want to see after all? real cars, real roads, real mods, realistic cars. I like the way he is going about it. I am hoping to find some other modded cars/stock cars to compare to the FiSt and so on. Same thing just like showdown style if I can convince him to do it. Glad everyone is enjoying it.

rexdriver85

I think this video was really cool. Real world comparisons are nice to see as others have said. What is interesting is, [MENTION=382]airjor13[/MENTION] is modded pretty heavy already, he didn't seem to notice too much of a power increase in the butt dyno during the video.

Kind of reminded me of Matt Farahs one-takes at the very end. Awesome job!

I think this video was really cool. Real world comparisons are nice to see as others have said. What is interesting is, Airjor13 is modded pretty heavy already, he didn't seem to notice too much of a power increase in the butt dyno during the video.

Kind of reminded me of Matt Farahs one-takes at the very end. Awesome job!
Yeah, probably would have felt faster if he wasn't hauling Jonathan's butt with him. [wink]

OP
O
Thread Starter #14
It could be because of the change in power band with How the power comes on and where it peaks through the tuning or because of all the mods. A lot can affect the butt dyno.

Would you mind sharing the specific stretch of road you were on? I'm a new owner in northern Virginia and I've been looking for some fun places to air it out once I've got it broken in. Around me it is just traffic and lights everywhere.

OP
O
Thread Starter #17
Blue ridge mountain road after The FEMA compound at Mount Weather.. Don't speed u till after the fema compound because the road is consider federal property where it passes through the base. It runs from route 7 to 50.

Blue ridge mountain road after The FEMA compound at Mount Weather.. Don't speed u till after the fema compound because the road is consider federal property where it passes through the base. It runs from route 7 to 50.
They have cameras on that road approaching that facility.... Ive worked on that site. I always tear back down the road, but they will know you are coming and will watch you if your speeding.

That road is some serious fun! Lots of hairpin, decreasing radius stuff! On the first way round to familiarize myself with the road, I didn't even try to follow Josh's pace in the red FiST, he was moving at a real good clip! Note to self, NEED stickier tires, wider, stickier tires....like yesterday :) Please parts fairy visit me please

You look familiar. Dcsportbikes?