Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carbon Fiber Rear ST Wing - $399

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #21
No we were going to make an exact copy of the OEM but in carbon fiber. There wasnt a lot of traction on that idea. Everyone seemed to want something different and unfortunately that wouldnt work.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
No we were going to make an exact copy of the OEM but in carbon fiber. There wasnt a lot of traction on that idea. Everyone seemed to want something different and unfortunately that wouldnt work.
hey thanks for the update Joe....

Yeah, I was speaking with Ryan at Seibon awhile ago who mentioned Seibon was considering an OEM CF spoiler but wasn't sure if there would be enough interest for a OE design CF spoiler...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Joe,

If you fill in the holes and make it a smooth surface, curved up a bit and add a guerney flap, not to wild of one, it would be more effective than the stock design and easier to build.

If you raised the element and gave it a true wing shape with air flowing under it then it would be far more effective and an actual wing instead of a spoiler as the stock unit is.

Just my thoughts, function over form, combine both, keep the price reasonable, something us track guys can really benefit from:)

Offer it in a paintable version for those that prefer a stealthier look......

Rick

How about a WRC style wing that doesn't require removing the original ST spoiler?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think that one looks awful on the ends and how it fits the car:(

Not really that much element so not super effective and if not properly designed can add more drag than downforce.

I do not think the APR wing I am going to install will look super cool but much better and a great deal more effective.

Once I figure out the design I will pass it on to a vendor or have some mounts made if needed though really not interested in being in business.

Joe, if a stock replacement carbon fiber spoiler is still an option you should post a group buy. I bet at that price people will stop debating what they want it to look like and there will be enough interest to make the minimum order number. Just an idea.

Yes, we would be cheaper than that - same style. The seibon hoods we have here are gorgeous

I think that one looks awful on the ends and how it fits the car:(

Not really that much element so not super effective and if not properly designed can add more drag than downforce.

I do not think the APR wing I am going to install will look super cool but much better and a great deal more effective.

Once I figure out the design I will pass it on to a vendor or have some mounts made if needed though really not interested in being in business.
I'd buy them....[burnout]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool:)

I just got the new caliper mounts I had made to fit the 11.75 BBK under 15x8 wheels which I have given to a brake company so they can make this happen for others.

I am doing the same with the wing mount design if somebody wants to produce them for others to obtain.

I am retired and doing this for fun and helping others, not for business though sometimes my ideas are ignored and I think about bringing them to market to make it happen but I really do not want be involved in that part of it.

-----------
I want to add a bit to part of what I said.

"I do not think the APR wing I am going to install will look super cool but much better and a great deal more effective."

To some but for those that appreciate real performance over style it would look pretty damn good and in fact much better:)

I will research also being able to use a bit wider wing on slightly different uprights for the hard core guys wanting or needing it.