Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Sub Installation

I had an old amp sitting around and plenty of MDF so I got a couple of shallow mount pioneers and put something together, all fits nicely under the load floor. Thanks to MKVIIST for the wiring info in his thread, made it easy.

20131229_134227.jpg

Oops, that's not really applicable to the thread... how'd that get in there? Oh well.. onwards...

20131227_163836.jpg

20131222_132352.jpg

20131226_091128.jpg

20131227_131530.jpg

20131230_195921.jpg

20131230_200113.jpg

20131230_200214.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks amazing Phinnegan, I love the great quality work and Welcome aboard.

Looks great!! Do you mind sharing which subs you are using? And how thick is the wood u used for the enclosure? How is the sound? Why didn't you port your enclosure? Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of doing a similiar setup.

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
Looks great!! Do you mind sharing which subs you are using? And how thick is the wood u used for the enclosure? How is the sound? Why didn't you port your enclosure? Sorry for all the questions but I am thinking of doing a similar setup.
I went back and forth on the subs, but ended up with two Pioneer TS-SW2501S4. I was going to go with 2 8's, but I was kind of buying them based on the amp that I already had, which bridged is 300W RMS x 2 into 4 ohms. So most of the 8's were underpowered (around 100-150 RMS, and the ones that weren't, like the Kickers, were pushing $150+ bucks apiece, and this was a budget project). The pioneers can handle 300W RMS, have a decently high efficiency, and were the right price =).

The sound is great for my usual music (rock, drum n bass, npr ha), its more than plenty of wattage for this tiny car (for me). I did wire them up to the right rear speaker like MKVIIST, and I'm a little leery about that, but it seems ok so far - I don't listen to particularly nuanced music in the car.

I've always run sealed boxes, I just don't ever feel I need the extension of a ported box AND then I would have had to go with 8s or one 10 as the necessary box size will go up (and I was hell bent on using the amp's capacity AND wanted to fit it under the floor as well) - the box I built is about .45cf per speaker, and these pioneers are meant for that kind of extremely small box. 1/2 MDF since it is so small, with extra bracing in the middle of each "section".

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Do you plan to carpet it in the future or leave it painted black?

OP
P
Thread Starter #10
I'll probably just leave it painted, its "bed liner" so it has a texture to it.

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
Spare tire gone or not accessible Did you relocate tire jack and wrench, It does look boss.
Tire & jack still in there, it comes out fairly easy if I need the tire, just unhook power/rcas.

OP
P
Thread Starter #16
Oh Oh that a bad thing ??
Oh yeah, I've cooled down, but it's been in there since the 1st, and I was pretty pissed , she got backed into. Luckily the guy had insurance... Both passenger doors and the rear quarter adds up to quite a bill. It was a pretty sad sight.

Didn't even have tags yet, they're sitting on my counter now...

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Oh yeah, I've cooled down, but it's been in there since the 1st, and I was pretty pissed , she got backed into. Luckily the guy had insurance... Both passenger doors and the rear quarter adds up to quite a bill. It was a pretty sad sight.
Damn sorry to hear. How fast were they backing out?

OP
P
Thread Starter #18
It was a small pickup, he had pulled in to a work site, stopped, I proceeded to pass slowly behind, and he must have threw it right in rev and gassed it right into my rear right door.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Oh man that SUCKS ! Please no picks i can't take the pain of a FiST being senselessly maimed ... :(