Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Self-Tuning Recommended Reading Material?

dyn085

2000 Post Club

I picked these up the other day. Does anyone else that's doing their own tuning have any recommended books that they've read? For those that have recommendations of literature, please post titles, authors, pictures, Amazon links, etc.-something that can specifically point to whatever is being recommended.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell was a good read when I started building my own systems, not much on tuning but good to have a better understanding of why a turbo system works so well when done right. I called his company about something and he answered and we talked for over an hour, he really liked the hybrid twin scroll with single WG manifold I designed, sure made me feel good as it was a big project and something I thought of on my own, nice to have it validated.

This is the first car I have gotten involved in doing the tuning, learned a bit with the Cyborg then went to a pro tuner. Russ is tuning the EFR but I will have an open file so I can dig in and learn and know more of what to look for if I make any changes, etc, I might even do a bit of careful adjustments over time but when he gets the 5th injector sorted out I will have him tune it then study it to learn more about it.

Let us know how you like those books, I would like to have a bit of a library on this as well, thanks:)

Rick

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I liked the Advanced Tuning book, but I'm still trying to get through the other. A lot of both are systems/parts description and theory, but there's a lot of very solid info and math. My first read-through is only ever for familiarization though, so I'm sure very little of anything stuck.

I've also heard that Maximum Boost was good and it's already on its way, but here are a couple others that have come highly recommended and are on their way-

Designing and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection Systems

How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems

And for the reader with an extra $150+ burning a hole in their pocket-
Forced Induction Performance Tuning A Practical Guide to Supercharging and Turbocharging

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Looks like some great reference material to study, not sure I would spend $150 on that one book, yikes....

I know what you mean, I read several books a week and cannot even remember the title most of the time:)