Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which wheel option did you choose on your Fiesta ST?

Which wheel option did you choose on your Fiesta ST?

• 17-Inch Alloy Wheels

Votes: 66 30.4%
  • 17-Inch Rado Gray Premium Painted Wheels

Votes: 117 53.9%
  • 17-Inch Black Premium Painted Wheels

Votes: 34 15.7%

• Total voters

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I would have gone with the rado gray if I ordered my car. I have since replaced the stock silver wheels with some anthracite Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels. The brake dust isn't nearly as noticeable on the darker wheels. I will probably get the stock wheels powder coated dark gray or matte black and use them for track wheels.
Can you post some pictures?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I wanted red calipers from the factory, so I had to get the Rado wheels. The wheels were going to be replaced anways. hehe[clap]

Here in mexico... theres no option... just the gray ones.... In fact, im looking for the titanium like code color... anyone?

Rado Gray, Didn't want them for the price they offered. But it was what the dealer had in stock for 2014 models with the options I wanted. I like that it came with red calipers. With the amount of brake dust developed by the stock pads, I'm glad they are gray. I can't wait to go black, as the dusting is ridiculous.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
With grey, the wheels just tend to get darker. With black the wheels will tend to turn brown. With silver...it's just bad. With our pads the grey is seriously one of the best choices.

I had the Rado Grey and installed SHM Evo's that are silver and I had to apply the ArmorAll Wheel Protectant just to get them to last a few days. Definitely looking forward to a pad change in the future.

iso100

1000 Post Club
My matte black wheels do turn a bit brown but it's much more aesthetically acceptable to me than the dark dust on silver. The armor all wheel protection, however, doesn't work well with matte finishes.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Fwiw I almost never recommend ArmorAll products, but for the price and ease of use it's almost a no-brainer. I didn't want to do any paint correction/sealing on my wheels prior to having the tires mounted and balanced, but whenever I get time to do a better detail I'll see how well the Opti-Seal and Wheel Wax does at repelling some of the dust. It worked awesome on my last car, but my last car didn't dust a third as much as this one...

Rado. I like both but really love the painted calipers. Also it was super easy to wipe them down and clean them. Makes me like the look of the rim more if its easy to clean.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
standard silver. The car went a whole 3 miles on the stock wheels before they were removed in favor of white Axis wheels. Now I clean wheels every day! I keep a dedicated chamios in the trunk to wipe them down every day and then use quick detailer whenever the car is cleaned.

They only had about 15 2014 models left in Canada when I got mine, and all were equipped with every option, including the Rado wheels, which look blah. So I have $1300 worth of options I have no use for (wheels & nav). But who cares, this car puts a GIANT smile on my face every time I drive it, and it's still very inexpensive.

My window sticker says Grey, but I'm not too sure they actually are. They look a heckuva lot more silver to these eyes. Wonder if the dealer swapped em out on me before I took delivery.

If you have the grey wheels, the red calipers would have been packaged with it. What colour are your calipers?

image.jpg

If you have the grey wheels, the red calipers would have been packaged with it. What colour are your calipers?
Oh I do have the red calipers to be sure. I just wonder if I'm having some issues with my eyes. I'll put a photo up for scrutiny lol.