Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shifter Cable Popped off

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Bump

I was considering getting this, is this an issue still? Because this piece isn't cheap, Has boomba revised the design?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Bump

I was considering getting this, is this an issue still? Because this piece isn't cheap, Has boomba revised the design?
I have not popped mine out. I have the shortest possible shift points on the lever. I know one more person in my area setup the same way and they have not popped out neither. And I am not talking about 1 week here I am talking 8 months just for me, more for the other individual. The issue is not the lever but the matting connector and how you take it off. If you get it off cleanly and not mare the inside it will be perfect. Else you can distort the nylon which will make it susceptible to popping off.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have not popped mine out. I have the shortest possible shift points on the lever. I know one more person in my area setup the same way and they have not popped out neither. And I am not talking about 1 week here I am talking 8 months just for me, more for the other individual. The issue is not the lever but the matting connector and how you take it off. If you get it off cleanly and not mare the inside it will be perfect. Else you can distort the nylon which will make it susceptible to popping off.
Thanks for the feed back dude! Is it better to DIY? So you can make sure to take all the precautions or to have it installed at a shop?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks for the feed back dude! Is it better to DIY? So you can make sure to take all the precautions or to have it installed at a shop?
This install is super easy. Watch the videos and take your time use trim remove tools. The hardest part of the lever is removing the stock from the housing. Taking my time it took me 2-3 hours and some beers for the cabin side. I was really slow too. I did the engine side later again very easy maybe 1 hour. Longest is getting the airbox and the battery to gain access. Easy to do in the driveway.

to remove the trim this helped
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Fiesta11install.php

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
This install is super easy. Watch the videos and take your time use trim remove tools. The hardest part of the lever is removing the stock from the housing. Taking my time it took me 2-3 hours and some beers for the cabin side. I was really slow too. I did the engine side later again very easy maybe 1 hour. Longest is getting the airbox and the battery to gain access. Easy to do in the driveway.
Oh ok, I already have the transmission+ bushings done, wanted to finish it off with the lever+bushings. Gonna wait for their 10% off sale as you know our dollar sucks!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Oh ok, I already have the transmission+ bushings done, wanted to finish it off with the lever+bushings. Gonna wait for their 10% off sale as you know our dollar sucks!
here this may help for the the cabin side.
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Fiesta11install.php

Also note this for boomba parts in Canada. I believe he already has one, maybe 2 orders for the shifter(has not updated the page thought)

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10751-Raptor-Racing-Canadian-Boomba-Racing-BIG-Purchase