Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turtle wax Black Endura-Shine tire coat kit step-by-step and review

masonsturbos

Hey guys- I decided to do a write up on this endura shine tire coat.
The kit comes with:
Turtle wax Superior tire cleaner
Black Endura-Shine tire coat
Applicator and gloves

The kit has simple instructions-
I washed my car first- including tires- and dried everything and waited about an hour before doing this- I Clayed the car in the down time.

The first step:
Clean tires with the supplied tire cleaner.
Basically spray, agitate with a brush, and spray off and dry the tires again.

Next: put your safety gloves on- supplied with the kit- and shake the endura shine tire coat well.
Pour a small amount on the applicator and run it around the tire. I went around the tire going back and forth about 4 times per tire to make sure everything was evenly spread.

After applying the first coat, take a old rag and wipe the excess coating that accidentally got on the rim. It comes off easy while its fresh. Do this to all the tires. I did not use a jack or remove the tires so I got in the car, and moved the car about half a tire turn forward and went around with the applicator and made sure what section of tire was sitting on the ground got covered.

Wait 10 minutes.
Come back for coating 2 and repeat the application procedure wiping off excess and moving the car forward half a tire revolution and wipe the tire again.

The kit does not say you have to wait 10 minutes again for the next coat and doesn't even say you have to but I want a shiny tire so I waited 10 minutes- spent it typing some of this- and re-applied.
I wanted to give the tire coat some time to fully dry before driving it so I let them sit about 3 hours before driving on them.

Here is the after result. 3 coats.

So far, so good.
The process was very straight forward and very easy. The color and shine of the tires now are very bright and just what I wanted. Let's see how long this coating lasts.

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #4
Alright- here's an update- about 200 miles and I just washed the car. I didn't spray the tires with any shine product, just took the rag to them and went over them. Still looking good-

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #8
I got new tires but I will say it didn't last much longer than my last post

How long would you say it last? I see the time difference between your original post and the last update post was only 2 weeks, but I know you said 200 miles for the one and then 6 washes, just wondering as I bought it and hoping that it lasts a while

OP
masonsturbos

masonsturbos

Thread Starter #10
I'd say it lasted 2 months total. If I had to do it again, I'd do more coats and clean the tire better before. It was easy and does look good, ugh- you're making me want to do this on my new tires lol. I think I said it above, it doesn't make the tires shiny and watery, it just makes them black and stay a deep black.

Thanks for the tips! I'm not a big fan of the watery look, I just want a nice deep black, which sounds like this will do just what I want, thanks!

MS67

Nice write-up. I have some McKee's 37 tire coating I just got from Autogeek but was advised not to use it on my new tires for at least a few months because it takes awhile for the mold release to wear off, which the tire coating will not bond to.