Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #41
Next up is cat-back and catch can. So far I am not feeling the need for a LSD. That could change with time, but it does do a 2 wheeled burn out.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #42
The car is running great. Finished up the 91 tune with Russ last week. I will be going with a 5th port system when it is released as I still feel the need for more power. The whole setup spools amazingly quick. Depending on the conditions of when I get on it, normally its full boost a little above 4k rpms.

For anyone wondering what this setup sounds like with the stock exhaust, here you go!

[video=youtube;GS0tBvkvyEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0tBvkvyEQ[/video]
My god man, That this sounds sick as hell, and makes me not want to wait to get it! haha. Beautiful man, what did you end up running? It is definitely time for an cat back, I must admit I love the sound with just the DP, but the cat back will just top it off.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #47
FearTheSnail - you've mentioned a few times looking for a true 3" cat back to no avail...have you not seen the cp-e Nexus exhaust?
Yeah, there are a couple options available now. I am holding out for the DHM cat back. The quality of their parts is by far the best I have ever seen. [like]

Nice to see how other people launch. So you just use the hand brake then.

Looks like a ton of fun and that mustang driver probably just went home after that lol

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #50
Nice to see how other people launch. So you just use the hand brake then.

Looks like a ton of fun and that mustang driver probably just went home after that lol
Interestingly that was my fastest run yet, and the only run that I have launched using the hand brake.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #54
So what did you run???!?! And what tires are you running?
13.8 @108 - Stock sized all season tires.

Good run! Just wondering why you even used the e brake though? My friend used to do this and I discouraged it because what's the point?
Preloads the clutch (not good on it) and allows you a bit better launch if done right.

Here is the time slip from that run.

Well thanks for the answer, I did not even realize the title said that...Sorry haha. not a bad run, im going back to the track next month one more time. Last time I went the Time slips where all jacked up and I did not know my actual run. Said I ran a 14.8 at 78 mph, but the run before that was a 15.5( spun like hell out of the hole at 97 mph) and then another run was 14.7 at 85 mphs....My buddies focus slips were messed up to, and my buddies GTO that runs 12.5 said he ran 13.2 at 98 mph. When the announcer announced 12 something for the run..So hopefully we will get right times.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #58
Forgot to update the thread. I was at the track a couple weekends ago. Thanks to Russ' help I was able to get the car consistently into the 12's. DA was 4000+ that night, so I am sure there is more to squeeze out of it still. Aux fuel will be coming soon that will help even more. I am going to be putting the car onto a local dyno tomorrow just to see.

[video=youtube;_Q9eodo1_G8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9eodo1_G8[/video]
[video=youtube;a644uRayptw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a644uRayptw[/video]

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #60
More updates lol!

Russ
Haha, I see how this is.

Since the last update:
-Had it on a Mustang Chassis Dyno and put down 297whp/293wtq
-Ran 12s on 91 octane fuel with stock exhaust at the track!
-Ordered AUX Fuel from Russ at Dead Hook Motorsports
-Ordered a Dead Hook Racing Exhaust Dump
-Installed Dead Hook Racing Exhaust Dump