Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

Some times I wish I could just spend my money on car parts, but instead I have to be responsible, and my girlfriend (Soon to be fiance) would kill me if I spent the 4 grand on the turbo kit instead of a ring for her. Ha. Priorities suck sometimes. bahaha. Keep the updates, love that your car is so fast! Cant wait to see how it goes with the AUX system, hopefully going straight E85?!??!

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #63
Some times I wish I could just spend my money on car parts, but instead I have to be responsible, and my girlfriend (Soon to be fiance) would kill me if I spent the 4 grand on the turbo kit instead of a ring for her. Ha. Priorities suck sometimes. bahaha. Keep the updates, love that your car is so fast! Cant wait to see how it goes with the AUX system, hopefully going straight E85?!??!
Yeah Priorities do suck... Not sure what I will be running for fuel once aux fuel is on. There is still more power to pull out of the 91 as I am running out of fuel in the upper RPMs right now. I think [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] wanted e40? I could be wrong though. I will find out once he starts the tuning!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Yeah Priorities do suck... Not sure what I will be running for fuel once aux fuel is on. There is still more power to pull out of the 91 as I am running out of fuel in the upper RPMs right now. I think [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] wanted e40? I could be wrong though. I will find out once he starts the tuning!
yup e30-40!!!

Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I ordered the aux fueling kit from Russ too, looking forward to pushing straight E85 and not running out of fuel! Nice build
The last time I was this excited for something it was when I was waiting on my turbo from Russ. Before that, it was waiting on my intercooler from Russ... Now, I'm waiting on this aux fuel kit...from Russ. Russ creates a lot of excitement in my life.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #68
Do you have a differential or no?
Stock dif, stock clutch, stock transmission, stock axles.

The last time I was this excited for something it was when I was waiting on my turbo from Russ. Before that, it was waiting on my intercooler from Russ... Now, I'm waiting on this aux fuel kit...from Russ. Russ creates a lot of excitement in my life.
I know the feeling [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] can't come soon enough.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #69
Records have been set once again by the DHM team this weekend! Highest ET + MPH of all recorded ST's.

2015 Fiesta ST
Stock engine
Stock fuel system
Stock clutch
110 race gas
NO meth or aux fuel!
DHM GTX2867r kit
DHM race intercooler kit
DHM 3" race dump exhaust
2jr intake
M&H slicks 23"x7.5"x15"

RT........... .332
60'........... 1.845
1/8.......... 7.807@95.63mph
1/4.......... 12.003@117.98mph

[video=youtube;0Wc7gghQJcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wc7gghQJcA[/video]
[video=youtube;piMklOfI0g8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piMklOfI0g8[/video]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Stock dif, stock clutch, stock transmission, stock axles.

I know the feeling [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] can't come soon enough.

But once I get it and have to install it... I'm gonna be pissed off because I have big hands. [rofl] After that it's gonna get real.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #74
wow. 12.003???? that's amazing. 1 less French fry and we're talking 11s!
That's one way to put it lol! Going to have a couple attempts at this before I get the AUX fuel system on. Would be fun to show that 11's can be done without AUX fuel. DHM has been pondering at the tune for things to change to assist in getting to that 11 target. This car definitely has become known by many at the local track.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Excuse me, sir. But your vehicle is no longer a sleeper when all the locals know you lol.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Have you looked into wider and/or taller slicks?

There could be quite a bit left on the table just in a tire change.

The 24.5x8.5x15 should fit, taller will give a bit more footprint as well as the extra inch in width.

Gearing calculator use could show it better or worse than the 23" they also make in 8.5" wide.

The 26x10x15 might be a tough fit besides finding wheels for them it staying in 4x108 but there are some 15x9 and 15x10 in 4x100, not sure how wide a wheel is appropriate on a drag car though.

I have done quite a bit of gear selection, RPM best to shift at, etc work on cars for the track and for when I raced bicycles even, one of the things I used to a great advantage and sometimes a short shift is faster than a redline shift depending on where it drops you into the torque curve(at least for road racing and autocrossing where I have done my best)

--------------

There should be more than enough gain in the tune to get you into the 11's of course so that is a great place to work on but you might need the new tires when you add the 5th injector as well to limit the wheel spin more in 1st.

------------------

I am sure your car is quite a hot topic amongst some of the big engine cars:)

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #78
Have you looked into wider and/or taller slicks?

There could be quite a bit left on the table just in a tire change.

The 24.5x8.5x15 should fit, taller will give a bit more footprint as well as the extra inch in width.

Gearing calculator use could show it better or worse than the 23" they also make in 8.5" wide.

The 26x10x15 might be a tough fit besides finding wheels for them it staying in 4x108 but there are some 15x9 and 15x10 in 4x100, not sure how wide a wheel is appropriate on a drag car though.

I have done quite a bit of gear selection, RPM best to shift at, etc work on cars for the track and for when I raced bicycles even, one of the things I used to a great advantage and sometimes a short shift is faster than a redline shift depending on where it drops you into the torque curve(at least for road racing and autocrossing where I have done my best)

--------------

There should be more than enough gain in the tune to get you into the 11's of course so that is a great place to work on but you might need the new tires when you add the 5th injector as well to limit the wheel spin more in 1st.

------------------

I am sure your car is quite a hot topic amongst some of the big engine cars:)
Yes! Russ and I had a talk about this yesterday actually. We are shooting for a couple more passes before the track closes, then this fall/winter make some changes to speed it up even more.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool,
I figured it was being looked into but did not recall any post on it so though I could of missed it.

I have had custom parts made for bicycle cogs, adapters, etc to maximize the gear ratios for the smoothest and most useful gear drops or going up as well as the most real number of ratios and thought it was a bit expensive. I built the first 14 speed road race setup I ever heard of, in the 70's, and the world's lightest full suspension mountain bike, 20.4 lbs, 15 years or more ago, it had 24 but in reality the best worked out to 21, most have far less as many are the same gear. I wish it was that easy and low cost to re gear cars and trucks!

Luckily we have the ability, at least those that really know how to tune, to adjust the power, per gear, which can take quite a few tweaks in different areas, to make the best of what we have in gearing:)

Going this weekend by chance?

Some of us are anxiously waiting to see you break into the 11's:):)

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #80
Cool,
I figured it was being looked into but did not recall any post on it so though I could of missed it.

I have had custom parts made for bicycle cogs, adapters, etc to maximize the gear ratios for the smoothest and most useful gear drops or going up as well as the most real number of ratios and thought it was a bit expensive. I built the first 14 speed road race setup I ever heard of, in the 70's, and the world's lightest full suspension mountain bike, 20.4 lbs, 15 years or more ago, it had 24 but in reality the best worked out to 21, most have far less as many are the same gear. I wish it was that easy and low cost to re gear cars and trucks!

Luckily we have the ability, at least those that really know how to tune, to adjust the power, per gear, which can take quite a few tweaks in different areas, to make the best of what we have in gearing:)

Going this weekend by chance?

Some of us are anxiously waiting to see you break into the 11's:):)
Funny you talk about gearing, the MazdaSpeed world has been pushing for 10's for years. They finally got in the past month, and have one car in the low 10's now. The key? Changing the gearing in the transmission.

I do have some plans for this weekend, but the track looks quite busy as its a huge event.

On a side note, Edge Auto Sport now holds the fastest ST time, but DHM holds the quickest. They ran a 12.280@118.77mph in their Focus ST, where we did 12.003@117.98mph in the Fiesta ST. They are on a much bigger turbo, great clutch, and built engine.