Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FearTheSnail's ST

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Looks like the huge weight savings we have and what seems to be a stronger engine is going to make the Focus ST not able to keep up unless possibly a full race car build but then again the only advantage is displacement and if you have it, spend a ton more money.

I do like the Focus, my wife wanted us to get one, I was glad it did not fit into our toyhauler but one short ride in the FiST and she said, buy it!

I built the first 1zz turbo Matrix in the world and it was a very fast SM class autocross car with minimal mods, shocked many big buck cars and builds and cars out of my class that one would expect to be much faster(my Fist would kill it badly:) 5 spd, gearing was not great, looked into custom ratios in the trans and diff, LSD, etc...even a 6 spd conversion. Many said they wanted one but when I got a quote on the minimum ten units we all may of crapped our pants! I was willing to foot the bill to get them done if I had nine 1/2 down payments in the bank and we waited for 10-12 weeks, meaning probably twice as long, core based so no big down time, all I would get is a unit for me, no profits. $4.8k for each 5 speed, $6.4k for each 6 speed, half of that out of my pocket and send them a transaxle. Obviously it never happened as not one was willing to put down a deposit though said they would pay anything to get one. Not surprised it took so long for the Mazdaspeed gears.

Though I have always been road race oriented, done quite a bit of autocross, done a bit of lower level local rally stuff...I respect all motorsports, even some of the wackier stuff on yuetube:)

Drag racing must have the lowest seat time of any racing and one of the most advanced forms in many respects as well as pretty dangerous, I most highly respect it!

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #82
Well, this last weekend wasn't the weekend. Track was really really busy. Will be out again this weekend on the hunt for 11's.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #83
Ordered a MBRP Pro-Series 3" cat-back from Dead Hook Motorsports last night. After getting a ticket for "modified exhaust" I need to quiet it down a bit. But to be honest, not sure if the cop heard the exhaust dump or the external wastegate (in the car I can't even hear the external wastegate anymore). Have to show that I am working to resolve the "modified exhaust" in order to pay the ticket... I will be holding onto the exhaust dump for now, I will run it at the track. Dead Hook Motorsports has not had time to make a full exhaust for the Fiesta yet. Due to awesome support, wonderful prices, and amazing customer relations I will be going with the Dead Hook Motorsports cat-back when it is released.

http://deadhookmotorsports.com/Fies...st/MBRP-Pro-Series-Cat-Back-Exhaust---T304-SS

I have my Tial dump pipe routed back into the downpipe to keep it quiet. If you race it that often but DD it why not route it back into exhaust and have a bolt on/off dump? I had similar on my '70 Nova. It had 3 wing nuts that I'd unscrew at track and when done I'd put cap back on and run it through the exhaust to quiet it down... just a thought..

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #85
I have my Tial dump pipe routed back into the downpipe to keep it quiet. If you race it that often but DD it why not route it back into exhaust and have a bolt on/off dump? I had similar on my '70 Nova. It had 3 wing nuts that I'd unscrew at track and when done I'd put cap back on and run it through the exhaust to quiet it down... just a thought..
Not a bad idea, but I really enjoy the EWG sound when I can hear it. If the windows are up its not very audible. I had thought about a boost controlled exhaust dump, but after some reliability concern decided against it.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #89
[MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION]

Dead Hook Motorsports' video of my car is up!

[video=youtube;mHnsFQeCnb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnsFQeCnb4[/video]

Seen it, bro, good job! I'm sure there are some people out there like, "What was that? A Fiesta? Never heard of it.." HA! Nice work... now for 10's...

Hello Everyone!

My ultimate goal is to have the Fiesta be faster than most v8 performance cars that roam the streets of Idaho. I feel this should not take too much due to the Fiesta's weight. It was originally intended for my wife, but through some coaxing, I am now taking over the Fiesta and she is taking my Speed3. I have ordered a few parts, and spent more money that I most likely should have. I will update this original post continuously as I add or install more parts.

So far:

Performance:
- DHM GTX2867R Kit
- DHM Race FMIC
- DHM Sound Symposer Delete
- DHM 3" Exhaust Dump
- 2J Racing Cowl Intake
- Cobb Rear Motor Mount / Roll Restrictor
- Cobb Acessport V3
- Protune on 91 from Russ@DHM

Cosmetic:
- Remove Fiesta Badge
- Remove Front Plate
- Perrin Shorty Antenna 4"

Feel free to ask questions!

-- 11 Second Pass
-- 11 Second Pass Video
What would you say your total for parts and labor is for this car? Not including wheels or tires.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #94
I did all of the labor on my own. But parts hmmm, let me do some quick math. $6,300ish?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The craziest money I ever spent was $8500 Ohlin coilovers for my last project car. I have modded nearly everything on the FiST, getting ready for the 3rd turbo mod, already had 3 different ICs besides stock, finally I may of spent what I did on the suspension on the last car. It had tubular control arms, trick swaybars, monoball ends on all parts........

On this car I might have $40k total invested including buying the car, I spent that much just on modding a street vette and I like my FiST better. The money spend also includes 14 tires and 18 wheels!

$6300 plus the price of the car, none of the V8 cars can be bought for that and you will kill most of them or at least embarrass them badly:)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Amazing update! You are a perfect example of a great customer! Willing to learn and trust with the right amount of loyalty! Great things can be achieved when the business / customer relationship works like this! I can't wait for the future!!

Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
LMAO... With the dump it's def not a sleeper. Without it, I'd say it is. These builds are sleeping giants... Most people are still sleeping on us, but let them decide to awaken us. We shall raze their egos with the swift and mighty force of induction and all that is 1.6L.

OP
FearTheSnail
Thread Starter #100
LMAO... With the dump it's def not a sleeper. Without it, I'd say it is. These builds are sleeping giants... Most people are still sleeping on us, but let them decide to awaken us. We shall raze their egos with the swift and mighty force of induction and all that is 1.6L.

hahaha [ridinghorse]

Ford Community Posts